kind of smug

Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kind of smug

My AddictedStepSon is moving out this week. I have the day off, told him I was going to clean. Last night, while "celebrating" the election, he asked if I would go out to breakfast with him in the morning, just us. Then we could come home, he would start packing while I clean. I was going to say no, that if I didnt start cleaning first thing in the morning, I would never start, lets go to dinner instead, BUT I remembered who I was talking to. Ok, breakfast would be nice. He said 10 am. OK
Well, Its 11:05. I have already washed clothes, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the utility closet. The old me would have just sat and waited for him to get up, or even woken him up....only to hear "I dont remember saying anything about breakfast"

He's leaving at the end of the week, his Addicted in Recovery Dad returns sometime this month.

Oy Vey
Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When he wakes up, if he remembers, he'll ask why you didn't wake up him. I can hear that tape playing like it's in my own home LOL! I finally learned to move on with my own life too because it's the only one I have. Good for you!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post

When he wakes up, if he remembers, he'll ask why you didn't wake up him.
Oh yeah......
Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

good for you living life on life's terms!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Golly, I can relate to this.

I ALWAYS have a plan B when my addict wants to do something together. She showed up about 1% of the time. She stopped asking why I didn't call.

I do think that the more often I didn't make an issue of it, the more she began to realize that she wasn't making good on her commitments. In the end it didn't matter because she was using again and ended up in trouble with the law.

Oh well, at least you got your cleaning done.. Good for you!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you. My daughter is currently clean but I still don't count on her showing up on time. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

It's so sad but I don't cut on anything my AS promises me anymore.....and its better that way. Hopefully you did get to go to lunch or maybe dinner as you wanted.. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
It's so sad but I don't cut on anything my AS promises me anymore.....and its better that way. Hopefully you did get to go to lunch or maybe dinner as you wanted.. Smiles, Bonnie
yeah, we went out at 1pm...he was hung over, but better after a dose of Rolaids, Ibuprophen, and my guess is a hit of pot. We had a nice time though.