The real end of the booze trip

Old 10-31-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The real end of the booze trip

Have just had a phone call from one of my daughters to say her dad, my xah is in Critical Care Unit after having violent seizures this morning at his nursing home. He hasn't been drinking for 5 years as has been in the home due to his incapability to care for himself at all, even with 3 daughters support.

Since breaking his hip 18 months ago he has been bedridden, and because of many little strokes over the past months, he has no use of his left side. A hell of a life for someone who had been a sportsman and had a great brain.
The hospital has told our children to get there as he is not expected to make it this time, and frankly I hope they are right.

We were married for 27 years, and have been apart for nearly 20, and if it hadn't been for the blasted alcohol we'd still be together, he wouldn't have been in the home and I would not feel guilt and sorrow at not being with him NOW.

Booze stole our happiness and life together for the past 25 years and I feel very angry at us both for letting it get such a hold, and taking something so precious away as it did.

Need prayers please, for his release from just existing, and for me to get thru and keep living.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going though this.
I am sending prayers. :praying
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Jadmack25)))
Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

Sending support and prayers for comfort and strength during this time.
:praying

(((( Jadmack25 ))))
Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Jadmack)))......sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

im so sorry to hear what your goin through, i wish there was something i could say that would make you feel better

you both are in my prayers...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am praying for you, your children and xah.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My thanks to you all for your support and prayers.
Xah has massive lung and urinary tract infection, also has had another minor stroke today, and is in and out of consciousness. My girls are taking it in turns to be with him overnight and for the next few days if necessary, but it is hard on them and their husbands. I wish so much I could do more but I can't and it hurts like hell. Can only pray and hand him over - again.

Frankly I would like to ask politicians if they believe the taxes they get from the booze is worth the suffering it causes to millions of people. I don't only mean the alcoholics, their families and friends, but also the young people who get "smashed" and end up dead or injured because of car accidents or stupid actions, their families and friends. There are also the totally innocent folk who are killed or maimed thru no fault of their own, because someone else was drunk driving or in an agro mood due to alcohol.

What is the real cost of a bottle of beer, spirits or wine if you add that all up?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:ghug :praying