Notices

July 2008 recovery group

Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

July 2008 recovery group

For those of you who are serious about recovery, have problems, or need support, this is the place for you.

How is everyone doing. I'm "working" day 119 today!

Tom
Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tom! Been sober since May 13th and its been a bit of a struggle as of late, but still progressing day by day. When I was away it was more a minute by minute progression, but it took. I hope others will follow and thanks again Tom. This thread is very appreciated!!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 109 for me. Can't believe how far I've come from where I once was.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Today is day 109 for me. Can't believe how far I've come from where I once was.
You and I both! I got to get ready to go make coffee for my meeting tonight. Who would of thought I would be making coffee for a "group of drunks" 4 months ago?? Well technically I fit into that group, so if the shoe fits, I guess you have to wear it!

Tom
Old 10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in real quick, things are going well knock on wood three times! =-) have made it past the 90 day mark just the other day, so this makes the longest I have ever gone without drinking since, well, really since I started around age 13/14, so for the past 25 years! it is big milestone for me. Not something that if you had asked me even a year ago that I would have thought I could or would do.
Sometimes though, I feel scared that I will eventually drink again. Sometimes it feels as though it's out there waiting (haha this sounds like a halloween-y topic ! sorry) and that I am living in like, another parallel dimension...
but as long as I stay busy and keep up with my responsibilities and just keep praying and checking in with eveyrone here (this has been the best support by FAR) I can keep on going!
Nice to see you least! Good job giving blood that is something I just did for hte first time ever a couple months back I was SO NERVOUS I almost passed out too! instead I just cried ahahha but I did it! Good for you doing so as well and glad you are getting healthier and stronger all the time =)
ok well take care all will try and check in more frequently
one day at a time, just don't drink~!
noba
Old 10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobingealready View Post
Hi all, just checking in real quick, things are going well knock on wood three times! =-) have made it past the 90 day mark just the other day, so this makes the longest I have ever gone without drinking since, well, really since I started around age 13/14, so for the past 25 years! it is big milestone for me. Not something that if you had asked me even a year ago that I would have thought I could or would do.
Sometimes though, I feel scared that I will eventually drink again. Sometimes it feels as though it's out there waiting (haha this sounds like a halloween-y topic ! sorry) and that I am living in like, another parallel dimension...
but as long as I stay busy and keep up with my responsibilities and just keep praying and checking in with eveyrone here (this has been the best support by FAR) I can keep on going!
Nice to see you least! Good job giving blood that is something I just did for hte first time ever a couple months back I was SO NERVOUS I almost passed out too! instead I just cried ahahha but I did it! Good for you doing so as well and glad you are getting healthier and stronger all the time =)
ok well take care all will try and check in more frequently
one day at a time, just don't drink~!
noba
Congratulations on 90 days!!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really need this thread! Although, I like the original July thread also but yeah...it would be nice to see others are struggling as much as I am. Maybe not so much with sobriety but with life while sober. Does that make sense? I find it especially challenging and I had really thought things were going to get better as I neared the 90 day mark. I was completely wrong. .

Nobingealready - I'm glad you're back with good news! 90 days is a wonderful accomplishment. Hey Rurdy, Horselover and Least.

I'll be checking in with this thread as I really need to stay focused on staying sober and this looks like a good place to do that.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Unhappy

My AA meeting tonight was a Big Book discussion group, and somoene "ran off" with my book at the end of the meeting. I could understand accidentally picking up the wrong book, but there should have been one left over if that was the case. Instead of getting angry, I hope that whoever took it reads it and it helps them. I can replace the book, but what bothers me is I had a few cards in there I used as bookmarks from my father and a dear friend (wishing encouragement on my recovery) which meant the world to me. Oh well, like I said, hopefully they read and it helps them. Nothing I can do about it
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ask about it at next week's meeting! Maybe they won't realize it wasn't theirs til they opened it or maybe they'll want to get the bookmarks back.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I plan on doing just that. The one card was still in the envelope, so it's got my name and address. But like I said, if soemeone took it by accident, there would be another book left over. Since I cleaned up and was the last to leave, I know that is not the case. No worries, I'm not going to let it bother me. I wanted a softcover anyway. On to another topis - 119 days today!!!

Tom
Old 10-31-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 119 days Tom. Sorry about the book, maybe it'll turn it up. You never know.

I'm working on my 11th day (again). Tonight should be alright. The weather has suddenly turned yucky here though. I feel sorry for the kids but am looking forward to seeing my nieces all dressed up in their Halloween costumes.

Happy Halloween everyone - hope everyone is safe tonight.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Our neighborhood trick or treat was a week ago, so no treating tonight. Today's treat for me is that it's my 110th day sober!!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I already see this thread getting lost in the shuffle. So I thought I'd post on here before vegging out. My family skipped Halloween due to bad weather & sickness and are celebrating it next weekend. The kids are young enough we can get away with it!

I've been looking around the threads tonight and trying to catch up on what's going on in others lives lately. When I first quit drinking I was addicted to cleaning my house and reading posts on here and talking with people. My enthusiasm really faded after a couple months. I doubt I'll ever be quite so enthuiastic again but I figured if I can get into the habit of trying to read at least two different threads a day and writing at least one real post then that's a step in the right direction. Turtle steps...

Hope everyone is having a fun and safe night.

Least - Congrats on the 110 days! Tomorrow is kind of a fun number for you also.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yeah, it's a lot of fun being able to say I'm on my 111th day sober!

Good morning classmates!:ghug3
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job Least. Now, when you do it again, you will havw 222!!. 120 for me today
Old 11-01-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

least,

You are such an inspiration! I really admire and respect all you've done for your sobriety and the way you are always there to encourage others!

You rock!

Love,

Lenina

Last edited by Lenina; 11-01-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Got 114 days here!!

Wow, never thought I would say that. I am actually in recovery this time and not just laying off the sauce.

My life has changed so much since my last drink. I had entered a 28 day woman's treatment program and then continued with an intensive outpatient program. Since then, my oldest child has come home legally, and my baby's father and I have come to an agreement on joint legal/physical custody, with the intent on me regaining full custody once I prove myself a little more.

The gifts just keep on coming, as long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep it at a day at a time.

I am still wishing for my soulmate to return to me, but I am trying to be patient and remember that it is in my HP's time, not mine. If at all.

I feel so much more healthier and hopefull than I did 4 months ago. Never realized how honest recovery, and not just abstinance, is so rewarding.

Congrats to all!!

:praying
Old 11-01-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great post ACHANCEONU and its good to meet you. First time I have had the pleasure of reading a post from you and how positive and uplifting. Loved hearing your message and thanks for sharing it. I hope the gifts continue as I am sure they will.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post on your 114 day af journey so far Achanceonyou. So good to hear how much better your life has gotten. I'm glad you have joined our thread and look forward to reading more of your posts! Welcome.

Kathleen
Old 11-01-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! Been hanging around here for a bit, but rarely post since I have been floating in and out of AA for about 6 years now. This time I do feel different. I finally had that spiritual awakening that everyone talks about and I put my recovery above all else.

I do find that I get obsessive of other things though, mainly the loss of my soulmate and my desire to get him back. I am truly working on that though with a lot of what I have learned in the last few months.

Yesterday's 24 Hour Book summed this all up for me, and I try to keep this in perspective when I start feeling a little crazy.

Meditation for the Day

There is a time for everything. We should learn to wait patiently until the right time comes. Easy does it. We waste our energies in trying to get things before we are ready to have them, before we have earned the right to receive them. A great lesson we have to learn is how to wait with patience. We can believe that all our life is a preparation for something better to come when we have earned the right to it. We can believe that God has a plan for our lives and that this plan will work out in the fullness of time.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may learn the lesson of waiting patiently. I pray that I may not expect things until I have earned the right to have them.

Patience is not one of my better qualities!! hehe