Update on Treatment Discussion

Old 10-30-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Update on Treatment Discussion

WOW! To my surprise he actually took the time to sit down and talk to me maturely about this whole thing.

I told him I needed to talk to him. He agreed. As soon as I brought it up - he get very teary-eyed and upset. It seems EVERYTIME we talk about it, he cries. I told him a little about the place - the things the counselor told me to. He really liked that they only hire Recovering Addicts as counselors - rather than someone who hasn't been through what he is going through.

I didn't want to push it, so I just gently talked with him about it and to my surprise again - HE STARTED BRAINSTORMING on how he could pay for it himself. Asking if his insurance covers it (mine does partly), maybe his trust fund would cover it he asked. I his my excitement and talked with him about it for a little longer and then let him think.

After I went home, we texted for a little while and talked about it and he is definetely interested in the program.

Now we just have to see what his insurance covers and/or Trust Fund.....
Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Sending you some good vibes, NeedHelp!

In the midst of my entanglement with my A, I found that I allowed his choices (good or bad) to dictate my feelings.

If he was drinking - my day sucked.
If he was talking about recovery - my day seemed bright.

Have a beautiful day, for yourself, no matter how this shakes out.
You deserve it!

-TC
Old 10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I understand what you're saying. I'm generally OK, if he isn't. Of course I have my days where I let him get to me, but this really does make me happy. He's still talking about it today on his own, so I guess that is a good thing too.