Last night...

Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night...

I was sitting at the computer working on Access and database queries for my microcomputer aps class, youngest AD was gone all evening till 11 at work (she's a delivery driver for Pizza Hut). The dogs/cats were spread out in their respective places sleeping, and it dawned on me just how wonderfully quiet and peaceful this house is.

I am so grateful for no more insanity, no more violence, hatred, screaming, walking on eggshells, praying for relief. I liked to lost my mind for that month I allowed my oldest AD to move in temporarily, giving her one chance to do something for her life after her first stay in jail. I had forgotten just how crazy it can get with the lies, the odd hours, hiding the bottles, the self-centeredness when I let her move in.

I had no problem shutting that door behind her when I told her to leave and got a restraining order on her.

God has been so very good to me, and I am grateful he gave me the strength to walk through all the difficult times in my life.

Honestly, those of you who have chosen to stay with your AH or AB, I don't know how you do it.

I really couldn't care less if I never have another significant other in my life because I am content, working towards two college degrees, and cherish being by myself.

Who would have thought? I was the queen of codependency, and was so terrified of being by myself, and not having any 'worth' in my mind unless I was attached to a man, that I had lost all hope at one time.

I only wish I could give those of you who still struggle the peace of mind and joy that I have in my life.

However, it's your journey to walk, just as I've walked mine. :ghug
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I only wish I could give those of you who still struggle the peace of mind and joy that I have in my life."

Posts like this give me hope and peace of mind.

Gill
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Yes, yes, and yes..
Freedom , I love this post, so full of strength and hope...it is so good to hear about your journey and the fruits of your beautiful recovery
Grateful
Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Posts like this, they give me hope, I'm the Princess of Codependency ;-)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Isn't recovery wonderful when you can finally grasp what needs to be done.

I am one of those who stayed with my RAH. To this day I still wonder why. But I can answer that, I love him and I knew he could be better.

I can choose today to walk away from his quacking and go do something constructive.

I can also choose today to work my program to the best of my ability and have serenity.

What a great post. Good luck with your school. I wish I had the guts to better myself. But school was never my thing. I admire those who go for it.

KUDOS
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

your Acoholic hides bottles, odd hours, is self centered and lies too? sounds like this girl I know.