I am Finished!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I am Finished!

I have been seeing quite a bit of my youngest as recently. His car was impounded due to
unpaid tickets, driving while uninsured, expired tags, and something else I cant remember.

Since he is going to school, the methadone clinic, and working at the video store, I thought that I would help him out by driving him a bit until he gets his car back. What a mistake!!
I suspect he is still using, his apartment is trashed, on and on.
At this point i feel that its death or jail for him. Hes refused every offer of rehab, detox, etc.
I fell apart emotionally when I saw him yesterday, so I have to keep my distance and not see
him at all!
This is my youngest child, and I love him dearly, but i love myself too. I have been around here awhile and should have known better then to get sucked in yet again.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Stefanie)))

:praying
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everytime I read a post like yours it just reminds me why I went to see a lawyer on Monday. I am soooo sorry for your pain, but please take care of yourself first and foremost. Lots of prayers and thoughts your way.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is there something besides him being a slob that causes you to think he's relapsed?

Regardless, if being around your son stresses you out (relapse or not) it's a good thing to stay away for your own serenity.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Stephanie, It is so easy to get sucked in again and again but we do have to work our program to feel healthy ourselves. I remember when my son had his apartment when he was in active use....it tore me apart to go and visit. I just wasn't facing what was really happening. OMG~~I would buy food, clean the apartment and make sure he was OK....I let the bad things that had happened in his life that lead him to drugs overtake my good judgement. It is better to stay away if your son is using. That way he may just hit bottom faster and thats what I prayed for. We are doing OK here now but I still don't trust~~~and thats sad...Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't think that there was anything wrong with you driving him around as long as he paid for the gas. That is what I had my daughter do. She filled my tank once in a while and I would drive her around. She now has a bf that does it for her and she doesn't even have to pay for the gas. I understand that feeling of not wanting to be taken advantage of and of not wanting to see someone that is obviously still using. Are you sure it is drugs or could it be a combination of methadone and addict behavior. I swear there are times that my daughter seems to be using but I know she takes her suboxone so I think it is just going to take a while before she is completely normal again. And she is a big slob but has a bf who is compulsively neat so he cleans up after her. Hugs, Marle