Notices

Day 10 and counting... woo-hoo

Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 and counting... woo-hoo

Today is 10 days... and still feeling fantastic!

I noticed that I am much more tired than I thought. After a weekend of drinking and not getting much sleep, Monday being my recovery day. On Tuesday I would bring home a bottle (or two) of wine and not go to bed till late (11:30ish-midnight) and not feel very tired the next day. But the last few nights I have been in bed and sleeping by 9:00!

Just wondering if this is normal... being so tired? And why? Sorry just a little confused about that... i'm getting more sleep now because I'm not drinking, why on earth would I be MORE tired! haha...

Have a great day!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go on ten days! That's a great start to a better, sober life. As for being really tired, I didn't feel "normal" for the first couple months. Now with a bit more than three months I'm starting to feel more 'normal' but still having sleep/fatigue problems. But at least I'm sober, and that's a big improvement.

Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello...

i've never posted in here before but just wanted to tell you that i'm going through the same exact thing right now, and i also have 10 days sober today.

i am so EXHAUSTED... to the bone tired. i am getting pretty good amounts of sleep but am just finding myself drained. this wasn't making sense to me, because i have been getting more sleep since i have not been out partying and drinking.

i finally asked my sponsor about it today and she said it is totally normal. working on yourself, dealing with memories/motives, writing, talking, dealing with feelings, etc is mentally exhausting. she said she has been told that mental exhaustion takes a bigger toll on your body than physical exercise.

just wanted you to know that you're not alone. i don't have much advice i guess, other than just to hang in there. i've been going to a meeting every day after work and that is what is keeping me sober today. my sponsor also told me that the first month is seriously hell - but that it does get better. take care and congrats on 10 days. i know how big that is.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that if you're taking care of yourself, the fatigue will pass. Are you eating well, taking vitamins, and getting exercise every day? Those things will really help you get through this slump.

Good for you on 10 days!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Justforme!! Yippy to us on the 10 days! Keep posting... it sure does help me to have this new found community of friends!!!

I haven't been working out as much lately, but I do eat very well and besides drinking haven't really changed my normal routine too much. I really need to get back to the gym though... I know that will help!

Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sobriety! Glad to hear you are doing well. I understand the tired part....first few days I could not sleep hardly at all and then I was feeling exhausted a few days later. What a ride! I have always been GO, GO so I never slept a lot anyway...small plus. Now I just got more energy than I need. I started hitting the gym, bags, bikes, whatever it takes to burn that energy out and rebuild the energy pattern. Feels a lot better....now I can sleep fine....and in turn I am not zombied out by 4pm.....Good luck on your continued success.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

working on yourself, dealing with memories/motives, writing, talking, dealing with feelings, etc is mentally exhausting.
yes yes yes true for me

David i think you said in a post recently that you were eating a lot? that xtra food also takes up a lot of energy.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree with you! It has slowed down now but still eating a lot more than I did before. Body has to be trying to compensate for the lack of those sugars in liquor. I used to be pretty light with food intake and since the drinking stopped it has definately gone up. Good thing is I am not just sitting down with a glass in my hand.....back to the workouts and my energy level has finally started to get back to where it should be. All things considered....it is going well. Figured by day 30 I should be balanced out with workouts, eating, sleeping, etc.....or at least I hope!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks David. Today is day 16 for me... The first few days I remembered exactly which day I was on... but as each day passes I go, "wait what day am I on?" I'm glad i'm not focusing too much on what day it is, rather enjoying each day and loving my sobriety.

My house is being taken care of again... I'm doing laundry and actually putting it away in the same night, where as before I would leave it in my closet in the basket for DAYS before organizing it and putting it away.
I want to look nice everyday and try to dress my best... which has made me feel so much better about myself. I have been eating healthy every day... After a night of drinking a bottle of wine, I would wake up and eat eat eat all day long, literally. Which obviously made me feel bloated and uncomfortable. So many things about my sobriety right now is fantastic. My favorite thing would be my son and I are having SO MUCH fun, bonding, playing, and going to the park a lot! Before I was too tired to do TOO much with him.

I just listed many reasons of why I don't want to pick up another drink EVER again. REMEMBER THESE WONDERFUL things Shannon and just continue to take ONE DAY AT A TIME... I can do this!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

REMEMBER THESE WONDERFUL things Shannon and just continue to take ONE DAY AT A TIME... I can do this!!!!
BEAUTIFUL.....WOOOO HOOOO

GO SHANON.....

GO FOR IT
Old 11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy 17th day!!