oldest AS GF is PG

Old 10-26-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

oldest AS GF is PG

Wow, that's alot of initials.

Oldest AS called his dad last week, and said he would like to go out to dinner.....we never seemed to get around to calling him back.

Well, last evening I arrived early at my Alanon mtg. (there's also an AA meeting in the same building at the same time) and As and GF come waltzing in, and make the big surprise announcement. There was noly me, and a long time member in the room.

I took the news very well. NO screaming, no shaking, no feelings of dread...etc. all the stuff I would have done/felt years ago.

THIS is all in God's hands...

(but...when I seriously think of it, he will be going to jail, for maybe 5-10 years, and how selfish of him to plant a child now. That's the only part that has me somewhat irked.)

Hugs, and call me Nana...
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Nana)))

Praying that the PG GF is ready and able to be a good mom.

I recently found out my baby sister is PG - the dad is a 24 yr old, out of work parolee with past drug abuse and a heroin addict mother. They are both living with and sponging off my 59 year old mom!

What are these kids thinking??

Anyway, more hugs to you and that baby on the way.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey Nana~~~Congratulations!! Babies are so wonderful and this one will melt your heart. Maybe the birth of this special child will turn things around in everyones lives....and good for you for not reacting negitively. Its too bad that your son will miss so many years of the baby growing but we can't change what will be.....enjoy, Bonnie
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Nana Moose)))

Although the timing may not seem the best, just remember...HP has a plan. I don't know about you, but I can usually only see "the plan" in hindsight

You're going to be an awesome Nana...congratulations!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My grandkids call me Nonny!

:ghug :ghug
Old 10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

((((Nana Moose))))

I like the sound of it!

We never know where this journey is going to take us, do we? And what a journey it's been!

But, you've got the tools to take each step of the journey with your head held high and your side of the street kept clean. I know that you'll be fine on this leg of it too. And we're here with you, each step of the way, don'tchano?

You'll be able to enjoy a lil one before too long. That will be a blessing you'll be thankfull for. Imagine that! :day4

Blessings and Shalom!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thanks everyone....

I called today to ask if her mom was all excited...she said she hasn't told her yet, but will this week.

My son is 35, this gal is 18. Maybe 19 now.

Hugs...

Nana moose
Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(( Nana Moosie ))

Everything in God's time and in God's hands. Who knows the hidden blessings that are in store for all involved?

I know YOU and that you will be a loving and wonderful grandma to this baby if it's part of the plan.

Hugs,

Auntie Cats
Old 10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nana Moose, Yes that sure was a lot of initials. You made me laugh so thank you for that. I am sure that you will love the new little one. Babies are God's way of saying that all is right with the world even though we may not think so at times. Congratulations. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

Well, we kind of thought this was coming.

I'm so thankful you have your recovery and know that you are powerless over this situation, too. It would do no good to react in any other way except to practice your acceptance.

Since I'm not a grandma yet, I can't speak from a grandma's point of view. But I can say that I know God is in charge and will give all of you the strength to adjust to this news and the courage and good sense to handle it in the best way possible.

AS and GF have no clue what they are about to get into, ya think?

God bless them and y'all. I know you and Frank will make wonderful grandparents.

You sure you don't want him/her to call you granny? I think "Precious" would be a good name for you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nana Moose, your recovery is shining and you handled that so well and this baby will be blessed to have you to love.

Accepting life on life's terms means accepting the surprises too and lordy, we are all so good at surprises now aren't we?

Hugs from Auntie Ann
Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Practice this:

"Bless his/her little heart....."
Old 10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

A little teddy moose for the wee one...

Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nana, you handled the situation very well. You'll just have to see what unfolds. I will tell you since I am also a "me-ma" , that's what Carter calls me..it is the best!! To see things through a lil guys eyes is amazing. Hoping things turn out as the HP has planed.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Nana Moose. I hope this new angel will have a life filled with love and happiness.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Congratulations Nana Moose. I know that you are so right about This all being in God's hands. I have to tell myself that continually and really practice leaving it there. I have to trust God with all of this too because I certainly know that I can't deal with any of it myself. I understand mostly how you feel because my 32 yr. old son got married to an 18 yr. old young lady a few months ago and they are expecting their first. I don't know if he'll be going to prison but it's certainly hanging over his head and could happen at any minute. I've thought of how hard and hurtful this may be, but I've decided to trust God to deal with any fallout and carry us all through this as it all unfolds. Definitely not easy, but I feel relieved. I'm very excited about the soon to be birth of my newest grandson and the first from my son. I'm determined to enjoy every minute of his life and love him to pieces. I know that you will do the same. After all, absolutely no one's life is completely perfect, but we can still have happy times, Right?!
(((((((((((((Co-Grandma Hugs)))))))))))
By the way, Nana; I'm MeMaw.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Morning all,
Thanks for all your wonderful replies.
I find it amazing this morning how my H.P. has brought all of you into my life. I feel so blessed, and I am filled with gratitude.

Doesn't matter if it's Nana, Granny, Mema, or toots..I know I'll love the little critter.
And I think I'll wait and let her/him decide what I need to be called.

Love you all...

P.S. I think she's due in February.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

God works in mysterious ways!

susan
Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Bless the little innocents...they seem to make everything else OK. Congratulations. The HP is taking this role.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh, moose. I know the whole rest of the world celebrates new life, but I remain a wet blanket, especially when the parents are addicts (clean ones or not). My one and only prayer for the baby is that he/she is not (already) genetically programmed to have the disease of addiction.