Notices

Things I did different today

Old 10-26-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things I did different today

I have been up for about 15 minites this morning and I feel great. This has not been the case for quite some time...

So what is different?

My clocks auto reset to the new daylight savings time each spring/fall. However they do it a week early cause the US stupidly changed the day! So although I thought I had ony gotten 7 hours sleep I actually got 8-8 1/2. Havent done that in 3 weeks.

When I woke up the dogs were ready to go out and then eat...it's done already and they are content...last 3 weeks they have not been ready when i got up.

Lst night I asked my son if he would please sleep on the floor in the dog room so that I could clean in the morning instead of tip toeing around....so this morning as soon as i got up i turned on all the lights and opened up the drapes. because of our housing situation my son has been having to sleep on the couch in our tiny living room so in the mornings I creep as softly as possible with all the lights out and get ready for work in the dark. When i was off for surgery I was sleeping late and just getting up and turning things on and going despite his sleeping on the couch...but prior to that I had been doing as I did this week for what now its been 4 months???

I haven't had but 2 sips of coffee and i feel better than I have all week....will it last..I don't know, but I think it might....It is important to me to heal my relationship to my physical environment...sounds hochy, but for me it is all about how I relate to the world around me.

what does that have to do with sobriety? Well....I know that this past week of being "off center" my mind has had more of the old flashes of drink thoughts than I had had in a long time. Discomfort = the desire for the comfort and ease that once came with drinking.

Just wanted to share this with my friends at SR.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmmm.... Well I can say that I know when things are all in order around me, I feel more in control and better about life in general. I do think that when stuff is in in disarray, there is a thought of well screw it, I will have a drink and I won't care! I always used to use the hangover excuse myself. I can't clean, I am hungover, I don't care, I am hungover, etc etc etc.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great post, Ananda!

It's so important to know when we're starting to get off centre with our thinking. I do find that it happens if I don't keep a balance in my life. If I mss walking, or spending time by myself or the other things I do to take care of me, it doesn't take long for me to go off track in my thinking.

I'm glad you're feeling good!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I love that post! Most importantly because of how good you feel!

Interesting to think of how our external environment can plague us just like our inside thoughts. Comfort is so very underrated

I'd say make the son sleep in the dog room all the time, so you can have bright sun shiny mornings and find some external comfort and strength to match the light in you! (think he'd be up for that? lol)

Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this Nands
:ghug3
Old 10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh so true, Ananda - feelings of discomfort automatically bring on the desire to calm ourselves down with booze, the way we once did. I strived for so many years to recreate the good old days, almost killing myself in the process. Drinking can never again be a comforting, fun, enhancement to our lives. Regrettably, it takes so long for us to realize that. This was a good share. I hope you can hold on to those good feelings, you deserve it. Love, Joanie