One year!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
11d

One year!

It was one year ago today that my husband told me that he was addicted to Lortab and IV Fentanyl! One year....so many tears....so much hurt and pain. BUT I thank him today because I have realized that I was not living my life!

For those of you who remember me.....an update. He moved out Oct. 4th. He is not who I thought he was. After 18 years of marriage, and the last 6 years being an addict, he is so different. He is still extremely selfish and just a totally different person. Wow! what denial I was in! Now, that he is gone, our house is so much more peaceful. The drama and the tension is slowly getting better.

My kids are angry and don't want to be with him. They may not have known about the addiction, I didn't, BUT they knew that things were just not right. They are amazing. I do worry about their anger. But I have to believe they will okey.

A friend gave me an angel with the the words..."Believe in your own ability to fly". It is so true. The freedom from the hell, the put-downs, the questions, the anger,...is amazing. A year ago, I was determine to stand by his side. I thank him for moving out and for all the friends here. Your words, even at times I didn't want to hear them,....truly helped and comforted me. And to those just starting down this road,.....LISTEN and pray. The answer will come. Just believe.
:praying:praying
Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm soooo happy for you! When you wrote that you realized you weren't living your life, well, that hit home for me big time. I feel like I have been surviving ~not living ~ and that's not a good life to live. I'm sorry you had to live with the tears, the anger, the put-downs and anger, but I'm thankful you have found your way to a better place. You are flying!

Hugs, Rica
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((11d)))