tall boyz

Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tall boyz

I've seen these mentioned lots of times, but what are they? I've never heard of them.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I drank one once. It was a 32-ounce can of beer; thus the name "Tall Boy." And it got me drunk. That was my final experience with one of da boyz.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I assume they're what we call in Australia "long necks", kind of like a stretched stubbie, around 700ml.

PluggerPuss
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks, we must have some kind of equivalent over here, I'd just never heard of the name. I'm not much of a beer drinker though either.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didn't know they had a name. I called them 'clown beers' because of their ridiculous size.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
It was a 32-ounce can of beer; thus the name "Tall Boy."
Bingo! Although I think they're 24 ounces. The 32's are the big bottles, and then there's the even larger 40 oz. bottle.

Long-necks are bottles, tall-boys are cans.

Good lord, can you tell I was a professional beer drinker? I can't believe how ridiculous it must've looked to walk up to a cash register with my arms full of 32 oz. bottles or a couple six-packs of tall-boys!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The most obscene sized beer I have seen is in Japan with the 2.5 Litre Kiren bottle and the 3 litre Saporo can which could be obtained thru vending machines, yes vending machines. Obtaining one of these giants was like collecting a bowling ball, I took more than a minute of rolling before it hit the bin. I have never seen people consume so much alcohol before as the Japanese. That was of course well before AH. I have a new standard now. Personally I can't stand beer. Will probably have one every five years, generally when I forget its tastes so terrible.

PluggerPuss
Old 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Bingo! Although I think they're 24 ounces. The 32's are the big bottles, and then there's the even larger 40 oz. bottle.

Long-necks are bottles, tall-boys are cans.

Good lord, can you tell I was a professional beer drinker? I can't believe how ridiculous it must've looked to walk up to a cash register with my arms full of 32 oz. bottles or a couple six-packs of tall-boys!
LOL I know about all of these as well and I dont even drink the chit, AH does!!! They are seriously too large! He did look ridiculous walking up to the register buying 2- 6 pks of tall boys