May I just say...blah?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

May I just say...blah?

Not a good day today, and I'm just completely out of whack.

Yesterday my youngest AD had to move her horse from where he was boarded, through no fault of her own, but because the couple out at the farm where he was at are finally having the meltdown of the century and are separating. Personally I hope the guy out there ends up with the fleas of a thousand camels in his crotch, with arms too short to scratch!

The only person who could help her trailer her horse had a problem with the alarm system on her truck going haywire, so AD had to walk her horse the one mile into town, and to the pasture she was blessed to locate (and he now has Pedro the donkey for a companion).

We had gusts of wind all day over 40 mph, cold, and spitting rain. I drove on the shoulder of the road with my emergency flashers on as she walked her horse down in the ditch. He's only five, and she has trained him all on her own, but he can still be a bit spooky around new things. I wanted to make sure they got to town safely.

We have a problem with electricity in our small town with high winds, and things kept dimming off and on here at home, I finally gave up on my microcomputer aps class work and emailed the instructor that I was shutting down and would finish today. If she gives me a 0 on everything, oh well.

I have developed the worst cramp in my right calf muscle, and have no idea where that came from. It's woke me up two nights in a row, and the muscle is just rock hard today and hurts.

I have a headache, I need to get showered and run to the store, and I am just really in a funk today. Sigh.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Freedom, sorry, you are struggling...are you taking calcium/magnesium? calf muscle cramping is often a sign of low calcium levels....hope you feel better soon.. Grateful
Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, and I do need to take some supplements. I am on a high blood pressure med that has a mild diuretic in it, so I know I need to keep my potassium levels up there.

To add insult to injury, I just got done taking a cold shower. The wind was so strong a back draft blew out the pilot light to the hot water heater, so it's now turned completely off. Gah!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
No, and I do need to take some supplements. I am on a high blood pressure med that has a mild diuretic in it, so I know I need to keep my potassium levels up there.

To add insult to injury, I just got done taking a cold shower. The wind was so strong a back draft blew out the pilot light to the hot water heater, so it's now turned completely off. Gah!
oh, I think you just put your finger on it, Freedom with a diuretic, you gotta stay on top of the electrolytes...
you know I used to have horses and greyhounds, my two big loves...I love to hear about yours!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bonnie

I have days that just seem to get worse and worse. I sure hope tomorrow is better for you.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Freedom...prayers going out for you. We love ya lady! This too shall pass. I have to tell you though, I almost spit out my pop when I read that Pedro the donkey is now the new companion. I hope they don't mate and have a horse/donkey. I'm such a city girl, is that even possible LOL!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fulldresser4 View Post
Freedom...prayers going out for you. We love ya lady! This too shall pass. I have to tell you though, I almost spit out my pop when I read that Pedro the donkey is now the new companion. I hope they don't mate and have a horse/donkey. I'm such a city girl, is that even possible LOL!
Nope, Pedro and Sonny are both gelded, that is, the plumbing has been snipped and clipped!

Hot water heater's been lit again, my house is worse than a pig sty, and it's just going to have to wait till tomorrow. School work has to be done!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When we have "those days" it can turn you inside out, upside down and backwards. It seems that every darn thing is an effort and goes wrong. Muphy's Law?
Thank God sometimes that there's only 24 hours in a day and it will be over and a new day dawns.
Hope all gets better for you from now on.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Devon)))

Sorry you're having a blah day.

As far as the leg cramps go, I had them really, really bad about a month ago. My body, for some reason, doesn't like to hold onto potassium. Potassium is also one of those things that a diuretic can deplete. I went to my dr, but had already started taking magnesium supplements. He told me to add potassium, so I did. They are OTC, and have worked very well. I just take one a day of each and can tell when I don't. I also read where calcium (like grateful mentioned) helps a lot.

This isn't medical advice, but what worked for me. If you don't want to take supplements, bananas and potatoes have potassium, you can get magnesium in chocolate although, I'm sure there are healthier options.

I hope your daughter's horse and Pedro are enjoying each other's company, and you power stays on for a while.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Amy, my AD got the blanket today that she ordered for Sonny, so she drove out there, and Pedro was at one end of the pasture, and Sonny was at the other end, laying down, snoozing away! I think that's a good sign the adjustment is going well!

I'm going to go buy some nanners tomorrow! It's cold and raining here and I just flat out don't want to get out in it tonight!