Devine intervention?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Talking Devine intervention?

So after a really long hard day at work.....I'm doing my favorite thing, standing outside the aftercare program at school listening to the director explain to me how my DD (2nd grade) lost control and hit 4 other kids along with the director.....thats 5 counts of assault just incase anyone is keeping score.

And who should walk up but one of our towns finest men in blue....wanting to know whose truck is parked in the clearly marked FIRE ZONE. That would be mine.....so i'm thinking, great, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Actually he was very nice and and explained that they had just started enforcing the rules, when I had a brain storm. I explained the situation and how in our house we believe police, firemen and soldiers are heros and asked him if he would be up for a little impromptu "Scared Strait". The director agreed and he went in and spent about 10 minutes talking to my little future felon.

He expained to her about juvenile sp? hall, basically kid jail which starts at 10yo. Actually I think I recognized him from one of the many visits to our house when the xAW still lived here. God we got some great cops in my town. Really cool guys.

Any who, we'll see what happens next. I will say this, she asked me more than once if I knew who called him to the school.

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug2
Coyote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

That was a Fantastic thing to do! With a parent like you, I highly doubt you are looking at a 'future' felon. Perfect way to handle the situation!