Just Beside Myself

Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Beside Myself

Just asking for some prayers here. As some of you know, I had an ankle reconstruction in June. Well, 3 weeks ago I finally came out of my walker boot and then promptly tripped over an ivy vine....injuring my shoulder. I am just now back from the doctor. He is all but positive I have a traumatic rotator cuff tear. Which means that you have to surgically repair it within 6 weeks. I am going for an MRI on Saturday and then talk again with the surgeon on Monday to see where to go from there. I'm a bit overwhelmed....to say the least. I thought that I could delay anything surgically for a while but it's looking like that is not the case.

I would appreciate prayers for healing, grace, acceptance, and serenity. Thanks ya'll!

Donna
Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this news!

I wish you the best possible outcome.

Hope you can achieve pain management and sleep, in the meantime. Healing is hard work, and certainly drains a body.

((LS))

CLMI
Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will pray for you!! Sounds like you have had a hard time lately. I understand what you are going through, I also am getting ready to make an apt. for shoulder surgery here in the next month. I sometimes feel like an accident waiting to happen. Accidents hapen in three's, etc...I will pray to God to heal you and to keep your pain minnimal, and for you to recover quickly and that you keep your spirits up. I also pray God to create an armor of protection around Donna and that the holy spirit be with her each moment that has yet to be passed. Thanks be to God. -Amen
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for a quick healing for you Lightseeker. And for acceptance for whatever lies ahead. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You got it Donna! This too shall pass...... you will get by - you will survive.... I wouldn't be surprised if this has all happened because it means you need to take some time out for YOU?! I mean - I remember thinking when you first had problems months ago - that is what was happening. The universe telling you to look after you!

You are such a strong woman .... and I am going to be sending you lots and lots of healing vibes. In the meantime - with being out of work and laid up - think about all the good reading material you can go through! Indulge yourself during this time. Just stop going and hurting yourself to have some "you" time...... mmmmmm k?!

I'm so sorry you are going through this..... thinking of you.

BIG love ~ xoxoxoxoxo
Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Donna)))
I tore my roataor cuff also during exercising, about a year ago. (decided I am NOT doing that activity anymore...)

I thought FOR sure I would need a repair, but it ended up being a partial tear, (hurt like all get out) so it kind of fixed itself, kinda, sorta...still hurts on occasion.

So...maybe just wait til you get the results.?

Fingers crossed, and prayers coming your way....
Old 10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers coming your way. I know when I broke my wrist 1 1/2 yrs ago......I felt like it was meant for me to take care of me. Take care of yourself!!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ouch!!! Prayers going out for a quick mend. Did I say ouch?

And big gentle hugs
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My daughter tore her rotator cuff about three years ago but got really lucky. The surgeon said there's one place you can tear it and not require surgery. I'm going to say prayers yours is not torn, but if it is, that it's in that same place. Oh, and prayers for overall healing and serenity.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Donna)))

Hugs and prayers to you, along with healing vibes.

Amy
Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Donna,

Prayers for healing without surgery!! How is the ankle feeling out of the boot? ((((HUGS))))

Janet
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers to you Donna!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers heading your way for no surgery, and a speedy recovery. In the meantime, put yourself on injured reserve and REST.
(((HUGS)))
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BBD

Good luck Donna. Love and prayers coming your way....Surgeries aren't fun especially the recoup time. That so frustrating. I have to have a plate and pins removed from my wrist on Oct. 31 st and I'm not looking forward to that at all......Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Donna, your sure having a rough go of it. I send prayers for what ever you need the most in your time of need. I hope no, I pray maybe your shoulder won't be as bad as you think and things will be easier. God Bless you. (((hugs))))
Old 10-25-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you so much everyone for prayers, insights, and good thoughts. I go this afternoon for the MRI so I'll know something soon. I am feeling a bit more peaceful about the whole thing. I am still having lots of pain - especially at night. It is what it is. With my "PT brain" I convince myself that I am fine and don't have a problem.....but there is a part of me that yanks me back and says "go get help". I am a good example of why people should not treat themselves. Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts!

Donna