Notices

Should I or shouldnt I?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Should I or shouldnt I?

Some of you know this job I am at now is really wearing me down mentally and emotionally.
For one..I cant take sitting in one spot for 10 hrs a day.
2. The people I have to interact with are awful. Disrespectful and just down right mean.
3. The constant in your face witht he supervisors.
4. It is just ridiculous.
5. Interacting with these people all day everyday for so long is making me very angry. Depressed. And I feel so stuck.

I cant even stand being there. It makes me want to run screaming some days. Ok everyday. I leave there mad as hell. Angry and in a rage. I cant feel like that. Because then I feel I need to react. I dont need to react in the ways I do.
I can take a certain level of aggravation. But not to that degree that I feel there.
It leaves me looking for any way possible to get relief. And as you know. I took the worst way possible Friday.
I am lucky to have a job..true. But you know..There are a million of them out there as I see it. And I am not going to be miserable with anything I do. I cant afford to be.
Finding that balance between what I have to do and what I want to do is hard sometimes.
But I do know that this job here is not good for me and my recovery.
And I am not blaming the job for me going out. That was a clear conscious last minute choice I made and I trake full responsibility.
But feeling like the walking dead and in a total rage all the time as a result of this job is not good either.

So I am looking for a new job.

And I am wantitng to call a job I had last year. I liked it alot. The mgr liked me alot. But I burned her twice in a few weeks by not calling or showing up.
And it was because I was out getting high.

I am wanting to call her and just ask if she would give me another try.
But I am too scared to. I know she will probably think I am nuts for even asking. But you never know.
I dont know. Should I save myself the humiliation or just go ahead and see what she says?

I am desperate to get away from this current job.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I say go for it Trish. The worst thing that can happen is her telling you no.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Woops wrong forum..
Old 10-22-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
The most important thing I've learned after 28 years in the workforce: It's foolish not to entertain better job offers or make efforts to find a career that I'm happy in and pays more than what I'm making.

I took a leap 13 years ago that led me to the job I have today. Pays well, very secure, and it's the most enjoyable position I've ever held.

Can't hurt to try Trish. I'd say make the call at the very least. There's no need for you to suffer in an unhealthy work environment.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

got moved but needed a bump
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Give it a try. Don't take it personally if she declines. For her, it's just business and may not understand you've changed.

I know the job you have now is getting you down. But if I may add a word of advice here, it's easier to get a job when you have one. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's a level a self-confidence that comes across to an interviewer, I don't know.

Believe me, I know how hard it is to work in the customer service area. I've been called every name in the book and insulted on every level for not giving the answers the customer wants to hear. I've come to believe the average person has about 36 inches of awareness and that's in a circle around themselves! I've learned not to take it personally and regard the bad manners as a reflection of the customer, not me.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hope you can find something better soon. Some jobs are just too abusive to stay in and you don't deserve to be in a situation that threatens your sobriety and serenity.

Love,

Lenina
Old 10-22-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Most definitely giver her a call. Really glad that you're considering all your options
Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I echo what everyone else has already said: it certainly can't hurt! You'll never know if you don't try, right? You won't be in any worse of a position if you ask and she says no. And you never know... she might say yes.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Chiy,
I agree with everybody else... it can't hurt to try! Why be miserable in your current job if there's something out there that's more tolerable? Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I agree...give her a call. As miserable as you are at your job, though, I agree with Lenina that it's easier to get a job if you already have one. It doesn't seem that way, to me, right now (I'm also looking for another job), but I know I would be in a panic if I didn't have a job..that's just me.

I'm glad you're looking at your options, too. Hopefully, we'll BOTH get better jobs soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy