Co-dependent antibiodict

Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Co-dependent antibiodict

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a good day! There has been so many posts (mine included) lately of feelings of loneliness, betrayal, anger etc.

I believe I have been given (thank you HP) one of those great aha moments. I'd like to share it with you with the hope that it may help.

When we get sick our doctor will prescribe antibiotics along with explicit instructions to take the entire dosage along with lots of rest for ourselves. This is necessary for us to heal and to ensure that we don't get the same "bug" as before.

When we detach, separate or break up with our A AND our own codie behavior we have personal work to do in order to make sure we are healthy.

If we don't do/complete this personal work. What happens? We get sick again. We often start the work/recovery and slowly start to feel better and we then decide we feel better so enough of all this painful work, I feel better so I'm quitting. What happens then? We get the same bug!

We keep doing what we have always done with the expectation of getting something else.

Duh

I'm going to finish my course of treatments prescribed by my HP and myself and get healthy! I'm tired of being sick, I want health and happiness.

Here's to antibiotics!

Have a great one - K.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

If we don't do/complete this personal work. What happens? We get sick again. We often start the work/recovery and slowly start to feel better and we then decide we feel better so enough of all this painful work, I feel better so I'm quitting. What happens then? We get the same bug!
I have done this several times in my own recovery......in my case, I usually end up abandoning recovery because I take back the A in my life, and I have that illusion of being happy for a while.

I like your analogy!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

That is really profound!

You are so right...

I am going to start to "take two...and call you in the morning!"

Recovery and rest! That is the way to go!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Seeking Peace and Serenity

Wow!!! This is so true. Right now I know I need to get back into my daily readings and meetings, but I have taken that "break" that is ultimately going to lead me, once again, down the wrong path.

Thanks for the reminder that you have to work it everyday!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think i need a stronger dosage sometimes lol! I like your analogy though, it pretty much sums everything up
Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Kingston, that's brilliant.

It works on another level, too -- if you don't take your entire dose of antiobiotics, the bug can become resistant and can be twice as hard to get rid of the next time. If we get into the habit of going back, it can get harder and harder to find recovery again because we get so used to the chaos.......

Thanks for sharing that. It's something that will stick in my head for a long time!