TY: to everyone even if..

Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile TY: to everyone even if..

I want to say ty to everyone here even if I don't click that send thanks reply at the end of post.

I am taking everyones good advice and this board has helped me when I have felt at my lowest. Addiction has left me worn out and depressed and mentally broken...I am trying to detach with love and understand the three c's and read the experiences here.

I try to thank everyone but sometimes I get so worn out emotionally as I read - I cry a lot lately and some of your experiences hit hard...so hard that I cry and have to log off. The advice, the sharing and so forth has helped me so much and I wanted to thank every single person here with there contributions, even if I dont click that send thanks reply.

Not that my creepy lil thanks matters - but your input is valuable and wanted.

I wondered if anyone else feels drained or worn out even when its positive

Hugs to EVERYONE here and out there....cuz even when we're here we are not all there...or is the reverse??????
Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I can get totally worn out even when it's positive. In my case, it's usually because I'm trying to control something I have no control over. When I finally let go of trying to control a situation, I wonder what took me so long!

Your thanks mean a lot, and I'm glad you're here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-20-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yeah... I think the emotional stress that this places on you is exhausting, but it is work that needs to be done, so I try to think of it as a "good tired"... however, I do live for the day that I have some energy back and perhaps a bit more mental focus.

I think Impurrect maybe correct on this one for me too... but I am not sure yet... sorting through what I need to take care of and what I need to let go of is hard for me. Let steps I guess. I know that although the changes that I am making in my life are changes that needed to happen to save my sanity, I am sad and I am struggling to find peace and move on.

So, let the tears come and know that we all appreciate each other here. Safe here. Keep coming back.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

things get better as we grow in our recovery. you are wanted here, we care. keep coming back. we care. hugs & prayers,
Old 10-20-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Think of this as a cyberhug (((((((((neverwanted)))))))) I know how you feel, that this is a mentally draining experience. None of us asked to be in it, and we all come together to help each other heal.

Keep coming back. This place has helped me so much as well. It's ok to cry. You don't have to be strong here. This is where you can let it all out.

Eileen
Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have had an education I never wanted...addiction sucks, and I hate the hell it brought with it. I hate that I stood there dumbfounded and tried to wrestle it.

TY for your help everyone. Sometimes I feel like I am not healing until I hear the "voices" of all of your posts coming to me when I hear my negative tapes playing. This is truly helping one small step at a time. And while I recognize to work each step in healing takes time and study, I have had AHA! moments several times over on just step one. Taking the meaning deeper. I guess incrementally is the best way.

truly. ty so much for being here and helping EVERYONE...all of you