Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

day 2 off Tramadol, I'm hurting...need some encouragement, advice...

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I just found you all last night as I could not sleep. Been taking Tramadol 2 years for back pain it gradually creeped up to 10 a day...I knew I had to stop. The cold sweats is my biggest symptom, and the flu like feeling. My husband and two elementary age children do not know about my problem. They think I have the flu. I guess I will tell people at work the same. I'm so ashamed, I have never been addicted to anything in my life. My body is weeping right now, screaming it's discomfort. And I have to hide my real problem.

I was glad I ran out, now not so sure if I should not have tried a taper like I have read about. Writing my feelings out really makes me feel better. I distracted myself today, went for a walk with my son, the activity warmed me up and seemed to lesson the symptoms. Definitely night is worst, alone and thinking about how your body feels. Today at Wal-mart, I looked at all the people and wanted to scream, they looked so comfortable and I was freezing, burining up, sweating and aching all at once.

I don't know if I'm doing this right, or if I can do it, can't tell my doc he is also my next door neighbor, my kid has spent the night at his kid's house! I live in a very affluent neighborhood. I'm a teacher! I've been taking hot baths, no appetite but I muscled down a half a banana and ahalf slice whole grain bread.

I keep thinking of that Dori character on finding Nemo singing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" That's me only two days in, God i'm so jelouse of you guys who have been so brave. :codiepolice Any encouragment or advice is appreciated
Old 10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....

There are several shares about Ultram?Tramadol here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

Please click on the link above
Best of luck
Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome copperfryer - you will find a lot of support here at SR.