How to help a struggling addict.. take two..

Old 10-19-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

How to help a struggling addict.. take two..

Sorry about the 1st link not working.. mods can you delete it for me.. for some reason I could not edit my post to correct my mistake.

3 Ways to Help a Struggling Drug Addict
Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Detachment is really the key. It is also one of the hardest principles to put into practice. Hugs and thanks, Marle
Old 10-19-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am dealing with the detachment stage right now. I was always coming to my boyfriends rescue because he couldnt deal with the pain of not getting his fix. And seeing him in so much pain broke my heart and caused me to not think correctly. I would give him money or go pick stuff up for him, just so he wouldnt be in pain anymore. However, a few weeks before he went to rehab i refused to give him anymore money and he finally had a wakeup call. Now, after he went through rehab... i realized I should not have helped him in the first place and that he needed to go through the pain to realize that he needed to stop and get help.
Yet, he is still experiencing pain of withdrawl and it breaks my heart and i want to do anything and everything i can for him. But i dont know what i should do....
Any suggestions...