FINALLY....waking up and realizing....

Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

FINALLY....waking up and realizing....

Finally waking up and realizing that my AXSO does not want to stop drinking. I've posted before so some may remember my story.. He was sober for 17 years and then picked up 3 years ago. Has been in and out of rehabs, detoxes, sober houses, therapeutic communities, hospitals for the last 2 years. I thought he hit rock bottom many times....was in a coma for over a week, was cut off by his family and friends, etc. Friends and family have supported him, encouraged him and even made phone calls to find him places to get help. Obviously, SO was just going through the motions to make everyone else happy. He had been in a therapeutic community treatment center for the last 7 weeks. He was supposed to be there for at least 6 months but he leaves a message on my machine the other day that he completed his treatment and is at his mother's house. What he left out is that he was asked to leave the center because of a situation and they completed him just to cover their ass. His brother told me he had to go to his mom's house at 1am to pick him up and take him to the hospital because he was DRINKING. I have not had any contact with XSO for over 2 months. So the bottom line is that he obviously does not want to stop drinking. He has been given every opportunity for every treatment and he has messed up every time deliberately. It's very sad but I will move on with my life and he can live his life with his bottle of vodka.

Doreen
Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, doreen. I know this is incredibly sad, but I'm glad you've realized that you cannot control his decisions, and glad you've gotten on with your life. Say a little prayer for him (of whatever type you believe in), be grateful that you are free of the madness, and keep building happiness into your own life. There's a lot of it out there for you, if you stay open to it.

GL