Notices

About to Come Off of Oxycodone.. Again

Old 10-18-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

About to Come Off of Oxycodone.. Again

Hello, the last time I was this scared was Aug 2004, when I took my last percocet. This time fate ran me over, I had a major injury to my knee that needed surgery, I had the surgery and I am recovering, I did not expect this much pain, and I knew that I could take a short course without withdrawl, but I have been on oxycodone for 3 weeks and I don't think the doctor will refill, even though I am still having some pain. I have been weaning myself off in half doses and I have been feeling the effects - trouble sleeping, feeling figidity, feeling unsettled. I know I am scared, and I need some encouraging words, or ideas to help. I need to do this with help, and I am hoping there is someone out there that can help.
Thanks for any help.
StrengthforBabe
Old 10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just came off using oxycodon for pain after a surgery. I was on it for a total of 3 weeks, the last week..decreasing dosage. I have been off of it for 1 week now and am using only ibiprophan. I was really scared of getting adicted and having withdrawal...so I tried to get off it at 10 days and the dr. had me go back to the recomended dosage cause it was still too painful.

I really didn't have any withdrawal i don't think...just some symptoms that seem to have been realted to my anxiety as to how I would deal with not taking them.

For me it was important to simply be honest with my dr. and pay attention to his advice as I worked through this. I have no regrets that I took the oxycodon. Every person and every surgery recovery is different, so my Dr. couldn't assure me of an exact time table..that was scary..but we did work through it.

Staying in contact with SR and my AA group really helped. They supported me as I went though the process. Please Keep Posting!