Son Went to Meeting With Me!

Old 07-23-2003, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Son Went to Meeting With Me!

Hi there,

Two weeks ago, I asked my son if he wanted to go to a meeting with me. There is an Naranon and NA meeting at the same time. He really tried to make it to that meeting but GF started a fight and that was the end of that.

I waited two weeks. Today I invited him, again. This time he made it. Of course, gf wanted him back right after the meeting. I told her that we would be stopping for something to eat after the meeting and not to expect us back until 11pm.

While we were at the restaurant, he said that he really enjoyed the meeting. That it was better than the meetings he has been to and he suggested that we go every Tuesday night. WOW!

However, he is worried that GF will do something to stop it because it was something he wants. I suggested to him to avoid fights with her on Tuesday nights and if it is unavoidable to phone me anyways and we can still go out for coffee later.

He decided that if GF uses the excuse that she wanted to come to a meeting that they can go to the Friday night meetings. He found out that there is a Friday dance after the meeting and maybe she would like to go to that on Fridays. He really wants to keep Tuesday exclusive for himself to speak freely at the meeting and spend some quality time with me. Plus, I think he wants to meet people on his own because she tends to isolate him from other people.

When I dropped him off at home, I reminded him to be easy on GF if she starts anything because this is hard on her, too. I hope this is a start to a good thing and not another thing gone bad.

For tonight, I am grateful he made it to a meeting, liked the meeting, is thinking about more meetings and enjoyed the time we had together. It was wonderful!

Always,
Linda
Old 07-23-2003, 01:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Linda,

That is great news. I hope it continues and the GF doesn't make it too hard on him.

I am so happy for you

Hugs,
MG

Old 07-23-2003, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news! I will keep him in my thoughts and say a prayer that GF gets over things so he can keep doing things for himself.

I am so happy for you!
C