I have been repremanded~~

Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

I have been repremanded~~

Usually I don't let things brother me but because of the seriousness of this site I have decided to be here reading instead of posting for a while. I have been told by a memeber of the site how to word my postings. I'm not a vicious person, I never intend to tell anyone what to do~~and my feelings have been crushed a bit. I'll be reading and if I have a problem or a bad day I'm sure there are other support groups out there.....Bonnie
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sweetie...one person's opinion does not mean everyone feels the same way.

We all have bad days, and we all have certain things that hit us the wrong way. I, personally, haven't seen anything wrong with the way you post, and you've been very supportive of a lot of people (me included).

Don't let one person run you off. They may have meant well, but that doesn't mean they are right and you are wrong.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-17-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I agree with Amy.. dont let what one person said to you stop you from posting on this site. If they dont like your replies then she should utilize the ignore feature on SR.

I'm sorry your feeling down and hope you feel better soon.

BTW, we always have the saying: Take what you want and leave the rest

Hugs,
Jewelz
Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I have to agree. I've also been talked to...it's hard to say things over the computer sometimes. I find the ignore button useful as well.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh Bonnie,
Ya know what? You are NOT alone! I got reprimanded by a member here once to the point I felt attacked. I was hurt and licked my wounds for a couple of days but after talking to my sponsor, you know what I came to realize? I can not give that person the power to keep me from posting because maybe. just maybe, something I can post can help keep someone sober today. And for me, that is MUCH more important than one person's opinion of my posts.

Don't forget that!!! :ghug3
Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sending you my Ditto. We are all here to help each other, and if something doesn't "sound" right, I think it does us all good to remember that we are all here to help each other and tone does not come thru in writing all the time. Give each other the benefit of the doubt, that whatever is said to each other is meant as support and, if we don't agree - OK, we don't, take we want and leave the rest (As Jewelz reminds us). Getting different opinions, view-points, ways of handling our situations, etc. is what we need from each other to help ourselves.

(((hugs)))
Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((Bonnie))
I have followed your posts and I too, have not seen *anything* about your posts that would warrant a reprimand...remember, this individual is expressing their personal opinion on a given day...
I am constantly warmed by how you reach out and the upbeat, and encouraging and to the point, tone of your posts...
please reconsider on posting...I will miss your strong, comforting voice...
big hugs, girl....Grateful
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today I don't allow anyone to compromise my recovery, including people behind the scenes.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, I just have to agree with everyone and everything said before me.

Besides, who will I get to discuss Ellicottville with. Was just there the past weekend for the Fall Festival, beautiful weather and wonderful place.

You have lots to share with everyone here, don't let anyone ruin it.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please don't leave!!!!! I LOVE to hear what you have to say. Has helped me. And I need all the help I can get. LOL. PLEASE. Lots of love to you.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
We all have bad days, and we all have certain things that hit us the wrong way.
There are days when I post something from the right side of my brain and it's bound to upset someone. All I can do is hope that whomever is reading will not take offense and ask for clarification instead of becoming defensive. It is my limitation, not anyone else, and no reflection of them.

Likewise, when someone posts something that offends me, I have to remember that it isn't personal and try to find something useful in it.

All of our co-dependency issues mixed in with some passive aggressive tendencies are bound to cloud communications, unless we are solid in our recoveries.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bonnie, You really need to stay and share your experience with us. We all need one another and I have never seen anything wrong with your shares. Please stay. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ive had someone say harsh things to me as well from this site.
I was upset at first, and did not want to post here anymore. But then I realized who I was really hurting if I followed through with that.....ME>

Posting here is like therapy for me..don't let one person lead you in the wrong direction or compromise your recovery----
Old 10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BBD

You are all so loving and absolutely right. I had a talk with my hubby tonight and he has seen the change in me since I have been here. A stronger person that can step aside finally and let Chris build his own life without mom questioning him daily. My feelings were hurt and still are but I'm gettin' those big girl panties out and stayin'~~~~Thanks for making me feel welcome and if I goof up~~I don't mean to. Thanks all~ Bonnie
Old 10-17-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can't remember who brought those "big girl panties" to the board, but I know that since then I've found a bumper sticker and a magnet - and I have them both, on my car and on my fridge! Those "big girl panties" do wonders!

Stick around... please!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

got in this late but I, too, am really glad that you are sticking around. During the 3 1/2 years that I have been here I have felt my wrist slapped and had my feelings hurt quite a few times. I even promised myself to be done. But, thankfully, reconsidered and have tried my best to take what I like and leave the rest. I love it that we have the ignore option and will utilize that whenever I need to....we are here for each other and I'm glad that you are sticking around.

PS....I've never noticed anything that you have said that took me a-back.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Bonnie))) Glad you have stayed...I've found when I am telling someone what they should do or reprimanding (usually in my work life but it sure used to be in my personal life all over the place) that I still have control issues to work out. I guess we all wouldn't be here if we didn't have some things we still wanted to work on. I am just so grateful that you are a part of my journey
Old 10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
Usually I don't let things brother me but because of the seriousness of this site I have decided to be here reading instead of posting for a while. I have been told by a memeber of the site how to word my postings. I'm not a vicious person, I never intend to tell anyone what to do~~and my feelings have been crushed a bit. I'll be reading and if I have a problem or a bad day I'm sure there are other support groups out there.....Bonnie
Hey, if you get tagged by an admin, that's one thing, but just another member? Fugeddaboutit!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BBD

Sailorjohn~~~~~Short but sweet~~~I love the "fugedaboutit"~~~~you sound like my BIL from Boston. What a great place. Thanks, Bonnie
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I simply love your harley graphic. You cannot leave!