Notices

I am really scared right now

Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am really scared right now

I am about to leave for a Dr appt in the city I use to kick around in. I have noone to go with me. Today is payday. I have been feeling like total and complete **** lately.
And now I have had urges since last night. And today they are past the urge feeling and on to the anticipation feelings of when I am about to get ready to get high.
I feel shakey..sick to my stomach...jittery..anxious as hell. I am seeing myself grabbing the cell to take with me. And planing in my head how I am going to go to the dr come back and get my check and call in.
I have a serious case of the F its right now. But not to where I am reckless enough to just not try at all.
I will have 4 mos Sun and I dont want to throw it away.
I cant go back out there.
I know all this. But AV is kicking and screaming like crazy right now.
I feel like if I am going to feel like I have for the past month. Which is no different than when I was using. WHy not get high. Numb this depression and anger.
I am backsliding fast. And have been for awhile now.
I feel like I am fighting demoinc possession as I type this.
I am fighting but I am so tired of it all. So tired of fighting all the time and feeling no relief from this unknown pain I feel inside all the time.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you cancel the apptment and reschedule for a different day? You are doing so well C. I'm having to leave to go back to work, but others will be here to help you ghrough it and I ddin't want to not respond

Really think about...have you really been miserable the whole time you've been sober? Or is that just what you are remembering at the moment????

It's sometimes hard for me to remember all the good in a bad moment...
Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chi, It is a big step to do the first thing to not use. You have reached out for support. That shows your willingness to go to any length to stay clean. You have made it this far and you can prevail. If you have played through the beginning of relapse then play through the rest of the ordeal. The withdraw, depression, guilt, remorse and having to cover your tracks. What will you tell work when you return? What will you tell yourself in the am? How will you feel.
You are not alone in this. You have people here who will love to hear from you tonight when you return from work clean and sober. When I felt like this I would pray every step of the way. I would pray to get me past the first block and so on until I got home-safe and sober. I will say prayers for you today as you try to make it through your day. I hope to hear from you tonight on SR! Best of love and wishes for you today.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I'm sending you a PM--please hang on! Don't listen to those thoughts! You are not alone.....
Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG Trish! Cancel the appointment. I don't think you should go today. Is it just a regular check up or do you need it on an emergency basis? If its not an emergency then for God sake hon - C A N C E L it! I know you have been hurting and angry lately. It has shown. Using isn't going to improve your emotions it will only add another emotion of desperation. Don't - don't - don't! We love you so much and you have always had kind words for people and encouraged many on here. Take all the encouragement you give to others and envelope yourself with it right now. Keep posting Trish and please don't throw in that towel - please! I am praying heavily for you right now and I know that is not the road you take, but I have seen it help others.

Love you kiddo! Please keep posting and cancel the damn doctor's appointment if you can. Get someone to go with you next time. You are too close to danger right now.

:ghug3
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Trish...

Good for you reaching out! Reschedule that apt and get on the phone and call someone!!! YOu KNOW it's your addict voice talking to you hon...you are stronger than it is!!!

You've come so far...you can get through this!!!

Karen
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I agree..cancel the appt. if you can. I also agree with Ananda. Go back and read your post from when you went out of town with your family, or when you got the van. I know you're struggling, but you have come so far and even though it feels like it, it hasn't all been bad.

I'm having some major problems at work, and really wanted to use the other day...I came home and clung to my SR friends until it passed. Do whatever it takes. You KNOW it's not going to be worth it, and you KNOW how you're going to feel if you use...we've both tried it before and ended up hating ourselves even more afterward.

Luv ya!

Amy
Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Trish, cancelling the appointment is probably the best choice.

And, then do something that helps you to forget about the cravings, even for a few minutes.

If you have to go to the dr today, then don't take your cell phone with you.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trish - The appointment is not as important as your sobriety hun. Cancel it for today and keep reaching out.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Trish,

Sobriety first...

You can do this, I know you can...
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chi, you have been here before - and you know where it has led you in the past. There really is no time to play around, just cancel the dam appt, give someone the check, throw out your phone (not before calling someone to come over), lock yourself into a room and STAY PUT!

I agree with all the other posts: this moment has been in the making for a while, and while it would have been good to prevent it in the first place, you need to take drastic measures. Why? Because you know where this leads - not only the using, but to the mental hell hole you despise. I'm sorry you're suffering right now, but you might as well deal with it sober. reach out

check your pPM

Last edited by Mattcake; 10-17-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: check your PM
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Chiy - I am with everyone else....cancel the appt. Stay strong, we're here. Rushing, but wanted you to know I am praying for you that the AV will shut up asap. Love J
Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hy Chy,
I just got here but I am so hoping that you are taking care of yourself.
If you don't cancel, do not take the phone and take no money and no access to money.
Hang in there girl, we are all here for you!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Whatever you do not use Trish!

4 months is such an achievement!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Four months is too good to throw away for an urge. You know better, now you must do what you know is right! I have faith in you to stay clean. You CAN do this!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Chiy

I have no advice. I simply care. Only you know what you need to do to get past this.

Using won't numb anything. It will ultimately strip you of all you have accomplished. You will feel defeated. You will look back and wonder "why?"

Chiy, we have been there enough times to know. Is there a single time when you were glad that you used? After the fact? That is the beauty of months. We know that we will not experience different results. We know this for certain. You know this for certain. Please choose the path that will lead to certain elation. You know for certain that you will feel good tomorrow for having staved off the demon. You know for certain that you will feel like sh*t tomorrow if you don't.

In wither case we will be here, cheering you on. But, make it an intellectual choice. You have the courage to change the things you can...

love, warren
Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

On the day of my 4 months I had what you are describing as beyond cravings, it was that just before you get high anticipation, I KNOW how hard it is but as bad as you feel lately it will only make you feel WORSE. YOU KNOW ALL THIS! Please cancel the appt.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Everyone has said cancel the appointment so I'm not going to just repeat that as they are right. Sending you BIG HUGS...can you get to a meeting or speak to someone you know who understands what you are going. I hope you stay safe, you're doing so well and deserve all that you've achieved one day at a time. Love in fellowship
Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Stay strong Trish, thinking of you.