Notices

day 19

Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rumble young man rumble

day 19

day 19 ... total turn around from my last post.My last post i was feeling like i was really getting somewere but today im a mess. Everything that had become so clear has become a harsh reality and the temptation of the bottle is starting to so comforting. I really should be taking my antidepressants but im scared with out alcohol ill grow an addiction to them.I want to just give up n go back to the bottle n disappear............
Old 10-17-2008, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just don't pick up the first drink one day or even one hour at a time. Can you get to a meeting today? Remember your last drunk and how far you have come since then.
There is a saying: "the good news is that we get our feelings back and the bad news is we get our feelings back". Life is full of ups and downs - just hang in there. You can do this.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rumble young man rumble

thanx

thanx man ... im not actually goin to meetings as of yet . thank u for your support its encouraging n motivating
Old 10-17-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I found making a list of the problems that happened
to me when I drank...
was a good reminder of why I choose sobriety.

I also find AA meetings a positive resource.

Please don't slide back down that dismal alcoholic swamp.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hang tight RJW! Hang tight, young man, hang tight.

For me, the first 30 days felt nothing short of heroic. I felt as if I were at war. Deep in foreign territory with few resources. I don't know if it helps, but we've been there. We know what you're going through. And we are all on your side.

It does get easier. Like Espresso said - sometimes you just take it one hour at a time. Or even minutes. Just don't drink right now.

I have a list of things like Carol said too - I still have it to remind me of how bad it can get if I pick up again.

And I don't know if you pray but there were times when I fell to my knees and just asked for help. I wanted a drink so bad it was all I could think of. My brain was messing with me and making me think that drinking would help solve how I felt... But it doesn't and it won't. At those times, when things were so muddled and desperate, prayer was really what got me through.

Keep posting and reading. We're here.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't give up the ship! It will get better, but it will take some time. Also you may be having signs of PAWS: Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Emotional and physical ups and downs are common with PAWS. Whatever you do, don't pick up that first drink or you'll be back in that alcoholic mess and have to start over. It will get better, be patient and be good to yourself.

:ghug3