Attn. Impurrfect

Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Attn. Impurrfect

I was going to send you a PM, but since you are well known on the board, some others may have the same question... How are you doing after the incident with the hold-up at your job? Has anything changed? Are you doing alright with that?

Love,
Sharon
Old 10-16-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I second that, LB. How you doing, purr?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks LB

Today, I am doing good after a really bad night at work.

I had gotten a new schedule working 2nd shift, had a GREAT week, made good money. This week, the 2nd shift manager decides to bring back 2 teenagers (who live at home and have no money) and cut my hours drastically. Talking to her, even though she is my friend, did NO good.

Have been unable to get hold of my boss (and her boss), but I have hit bottom on this job. Yesterday, I really wanted to use, when I got home but I didn't. Today, I've filled out job applications and am trying to get my info on when I worked for the gov't and try to get reinstated.

I have been having headaches, and anxiety is still pretty high, concentration low. I am going to a workman's comp doctor next week, when I find out who I can go to. I am going to take full advantage of being checked out on THEIR dollar.

I have not been happy at this job for a while, but was scared to get out of my comfort zone (good codie that I am). Getting screwed over one more time has given me the motivation to get out.

I am very hopeful about getting a better job, and will stick it out with this one, but may get a little more time off with workman's comp. Have been working with dad, and have a little money in the bank.

I absolutely could not have gotten to this point if it weren't for my friends here. Any succes I have, you all can take partial credit

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you keep taking it one day at a time and said no. Your light continues to shine
Old 10-16-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amy -

life on life's terms can s*ck sometimes. You are doing the next right thing and boy - is that inspiring to me and I know - to many others.

You went through a major trauma and it just takes time to reacclimate...then all the job stuff on top of it.

Thinking about you and sending hugs, prayers, and love. Littlebird - thank you for this thread. You rock!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about the hurdle you went though, but happy to hear you did not trip on it... you are such a strong woman and I know things will work out for the good when the time is right.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

good call, LB
oh, I am sorry about your work situation, Amy, more darn challenges...know as one door closes, another one opens....you are on my prayerlist
glad you are hanging in , keeping your recovery alive...big hugs and prayers..Grateful
Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Amy -

life on life's terms can s*ck sometimes. You are doing the next right thing and boy - is that inspiring to me and I know - to many others.

You went through a major trauma and it just takes time to reacclimate...then all the job stuff on top of it.

Thinking about you and sending hugs, prayers, and love. Littlebird - thank you for this thread. You rock!
Yup, what Donna said!! You are shining my friend. Thanks for sharing your light with us. And thank you too LB, for starting this thread. :ghug
Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh, amy, I didn't know about any of this. I'm sorry such a scary thing happened to you. by all means, get all the help you can. PTSD is real and can be very debilitating, so please take care of you! As far as job changes, you know what they say - sometimes God does for us what we could not do for ourselves...or at least helps us along.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You all are great!

I've had the last 2 nights off, go back in tonight. Not really looking forward to it, BUT, am using all my recovery tools to get through it. I have to meet the detective at 5, but can't clock in until 8, so I'm going to go to Barnes & Nobles and browse. I've been trying to get used to Microsoft Word and Excel, since most jobs require that, but the tutorial on my computer won't work. Hoping to find some "dummies" books that will help me

My mind has gone in to overdrive, thinking of options that are available to me, instead of focusing on how I've screwed up. All this time I've been pretty much punishing myself...believing that I'm getting what I deserve.

I now know, I deserve better. I didn't deserve to be robbed and hurt, and I don't deserve to get treated like crap just because they know I need a job. I get more work dumped on me because others won't do their job and they know "Amy will do it". No more. I will continue to do MY job and when I get fussed at because I'm their supervisor, I will remind my boss that they don't listen to me and I have no management back up....so handle it!

Feels pretty good to have a new backbone

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Thanks LB

I have been having headaches, and anxiety is still pretty high, concentration low. I am going to a workman's comp doctor next week, when I find out who I can go to. I am going to take full advantage of being checked out on THEIR dollar.

Amy
yes, absolutely get this checked out. Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome do not surface until later, and you definitely experienced trauma. Make sure there is a medical record of this.