Found My Son

Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Found My Son

I decided to start a new thread instead of making the other one too long.
My dad just called me. He told me my ex called & that he didn't want to call me to give me more bad news. Joey is back in jail. He left wk at 2:30pm and went out with some girl. He said her car broke down & he didn't get back to wk release until 11 hours later.
Now he will have to stay in jail until Sept or Nov of 09, At least I know he's not dead. I don't even care that he is in jail. I am even happy he made it back at all. One other time he ran away & got an Escape Charge.
I have to call Wk Release cuz I must go pick up his clothes. I just bought him practically a whole new wardrobe.
I can rest easier now.
Thank you a million, all of you, for being there. I cannot tell you how very much your support means to me. I love you all and willl keep you & your loved ones in my prayers.
Love,
Diane
Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Oh Diane, Well at least Joey is alive and being fed. Thats too bad about the girl and car breaking down. Sometimes I just don't get the choices they make but its not for us to question, I guess. For now he's safe and you can breathe easier. Relax now hon. Will you be able to talk to Joey. I haven't heard of this work release program here in Ny.....they offer no excuses, huh?? Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was just going to post my prayers for you on the other thread, I saw you found where he is, but it doesn't change...........I'm still wishing you love and prayers, and some rest for your weary mind...from one mom to another.

Eileen
Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((Rozied)))
Well glad he's locked up, and now YOU can rest your weary head knowing where he is.

Hugs...
Old 10-13-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The car breaking down happened for a reason. Maybe his HP knew that he was better off back in jail, that he was just not ready for the outside world. I know how frustrating it is when our addicted children make bad choices, but we have to remember we are talking about the addict brain. I am glad you can rest a bit now and let go of the worry. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Diane, I'm so glad you got some news. I hope he follows his HP's plan.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marle View Post
The car breaking down happened for a reason. Maybe his HP knew that he was better off back in jail, that he was just not ready for the outside world.
marle, normally I say no good deed goes unpunished for stuff like that. Now, after reading that comment, I'll be thinking a little deeper.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Rozied,

Your son's HP has him exactly where he needs to be. I'm glad he's in jail. You know where he is. He has a roof over his head, 3 meals and a bed. I say it's a good day.

You sleep tight tonight.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to hear he's safe in jail. Now it's time for you to take a breather and relax.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

Thank you guys for your love, support, and prayers.
First pf all I don't believe a word I heard about how it happened. More likely scenario is that he went out drinking, wound up drugging, forgot about the time & went bk late.
He is so very stupid. He was in wk release, screwed up, went bk to jail, had to sell his car, used $1,000 for a lawyer to get him bk to wk release, gets bk, even got a job in his field, screws up again, now he is stuck in jail till his sentence is done, will not be abel to wk, and no way to wk and save money for when he gets out. He is beyond stupid!!!
At least I know hes safe & he doesn't have an escape charge.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Your son is definitely a slow learner. I bet he gets the lesson loud and clear this time around. It takes what it takes.
You are handling the situation well, you're learning lessons too.
Hang in there.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Rozied)))

I'm glad he's safe. I agree with everyone else...he's right where he needs to be, and he certainly doesn't act like he's ready for the world outside of jail yet. Maybe, in another year, he will think and act differently.

I think you handled the entire situation wonderfully.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rozied

I KNEW he shoiuld stay in jail until his sentence is maxed out.
Thats why I was so angry with my ex cuz he arranged to buy Joey's car for a bargain price, got him a lawyer & helped him get bk to wk release. If he would have minded his own business, none of this would have happened plus Joey still would own his car. He could have sold it & got money for a place to live. Grrrr!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Joey is exactly where he needs to be.

Now, you can focus on you and what is good for you.

and try to forget the couldas, wouldas, shouldas.... sometimes that is how we learn.

Hugs,
Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rozied

Jim & I are going to pick up his clothes tomorrow. I just spent about $300 getting him things he needed, I am not going to let them get lost again. I will hold them for him cuz when he does finally get out he's going to need them.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ah jail, the addict's babysitter
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rozied View Post
He is so very stupid. He was in wk release, screwed up, went bk to jail, had to sell his car, used $1,000 for a lawyer to get him bk to wk release, gets bk, even got a job in his field, screws up again, now he is stuck in jail till his sentence is done, will not be abel to wk, and no way to wk and save money for when he gets out. He is beyond stupid!!!
At least I know hes safe & he doesn't have an escape charge.
You just want to slap them on the face and say DON"T YOU GET IT!!!! But they dont, the addict specializes in making bad choices. As the others have said, at least you know where he is and he's safe and being fed.

Angels being sent towards you and your son.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I am glad that you will get a semblance of peace now, Diane
yes, I wholeheartedly agree, His Hp has him right where he wants him...
sending you and your son hugs and prayers..Grateful
Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Rozied,

I'm SO glad that you know where your son is and can at least feel some peace for now. Continued prayers for you and your son. :praying
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm glad he's safe too.

AND REALLY GLAD you have your blinders off. :-)