stressful week

Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy stressful week

My father-in-law passed away saturday (cancer). we were hoping the new chemo would work but it did not shrink the tumor and the chemo caused his white cell count to drop to the point of developing infection and sepsis...
At any rate, he was lucid and able to say his goodbuys to everyone - most importantly to his wife (my husband's mom) and express his wishes for his funeral, etc, just minutes before passing. He was a sweet, intelligent, highly talented man.

My cat Tally, our 17 year old tabby, was diagnosed with a brain tumor on Wednesday. She now has an impaired gait and an eye infection (caused by increased occular pressure, apparently, due to the tumor) - she is still eating, but is very weak, and I'm really sad about the whole situation.

I had lab work earilier this week that came back with a very high cholesterol level and a poorly functioning thyroid - both will be treated with medication (i see my doc again on Wednesday) but I feel powerless over the aging process (51). I quit smoking and jog 3 to 4 miles a day, watch my diet, etc, but i still couldn't prevent this stuff. Well poor me! I am also truly grateful that there ARE meds to take for these conditions.

I'm unable to get in touch with my AD (she's playing the not-returning-phone-calls game again, apparently). She was aware of her grandpa's illness and she did actually call my husban'ds mom and left "a lovely message" recently. So I am proud of her for that, given her crack-head lifestyle. But I would like to let her know that the man did die, and also that her cat is dying, in case she wants to visit with her one more time.

on top of all this, I was sick with a sinus/respiratory infection since monday and have been on antibiotics. (I feel much better now, but still going thru the tissues at an alarming rate!)

So again, poor me, and thanks' Y'all for letting me dump.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Sleepy)))

awww, sweetie, you're having a rough week. I don't know of any way to make it better, but am sending you extra hugs and prayers.

Amy
Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((sleepy))) Sending hugs & prayers you get through everything ok. Get lots of rest so you don't get run down more than you already are. Your father in law sounds like he was a wonderful man.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry for the loss of your father-in-law and for your cat's sickness. I know about the cholesterol thing as I now take meds too. I was taking really good care of myself but have been slipping lately. Need to get back to the exercise. I hope that this week is less stressful for you and that you find some healing peace. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sleepy... I am sorry for your loss. You have definitely had a very rough week. However, you sound like a very calm, caring person who knows how to take care of herself and I am sure you will do just that. Reach out to those around you for support... even though you are strong it's nice to have someone to lean on. Do something nice for you. You deserve it and you need a rest.

Hugs to you.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry things are so rough right now. my sympathy in the loss of your family member.
susan
Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

SG ,

I am sorry for your loss. Be extra gentle with yourself right now.

C
Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Sleepy)))) I am also sorry for your loss it did sound like he got to say what he wanted to everyone so that was a good thing for everyone but very hard I am sure.
You are having a hard week and I am sorry for your pet and hope your daughter will by chance call so you can talk with her. Prayers for you sleepy.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sleepy, I'm praying for your serenity and sleep. Doesn't seem like we ever get enough of it when we're ill.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi sleepy~~Sorry you had such a tough week and I'm extremely sorry for the loss of your FIL. It seems when it rains , it pours~~so take care of yourself now and center on your health. I'm glad your daughter got to talk to her gramma. Take care, Bonnie
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((sleepy))) Just keep posting on here about how you're feeling and coping.It helps to get it all out.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Boy, it sounds like everything is getting dumped all at once. Sorry about your father-in-law. Sorry about the kitty kat too. We lost our dog this summer from old age and it's just like losing family, they become such a part of our lives.

Prayers everything works out and I know what it's like trying to get through to an AD.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((sleepy))
I'm sorry about the loss of you FIL.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Sleepygoat))) You have a lot on your plate right now! I'm so sorry for the loss of your FIL, he sounded like a wonderful man. Pets are like children, so I can imagine how upsetting Tally's state is. Glad you are being seen for your health conditions, and I know how sinus infections are- ugh! Have you heard of the netti pot? I suffer chronically from sinus infections and the netti pot has helped me. Anyway, hang in there!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Sleepy...
So sorry to hear about your FIL's death, and your kitty being sick.

Maybe your body got so stressed with all going on around you, you just got a tad run down and got the sinus thing!

You take care of you....

Hugs.....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Sleepy))))
I'm so sorry about the loss of your FIL and the news about your cat. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well either but are taking good care of yourself. We're the same age and I find myself working 20 times harder to feel half as good these days, lol.

Be extra kind and gentle with yourself, okay? Stress has a way of eating at us...I'm glad you have a safe place to dump and I hope it helps to improve how you feel
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good Morning,

I am sorry about the bad week - you have every right to want to vent.

Take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Sleepy)))

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy