why again?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anamaria

why again?

I feel guilty....I feel I only come here when I have trouble...when there are so many loyal people in this forum that write and suggest so often. I guess when things go well, I don't want to think about this forum.....don't get me wrong, it's wonderful. Guess it's part of my denial.

My husband first brought me here b/c of his cocaine drinking and Rx. He's now using pain killers and muscle relaxers (since finding them in his brief case). He's taking some cold meds prescribed by our doctor but mixed them with pain killers and has been a stumbling, slurring, sleeping, mess all day ( found and empty package of pain meds in the trash). I was putting the kids to bed only to here him coming home in a cab hauling his banged up motocycle that he took for a spin and fell off.
What the %!@#!!!!! I can't believe him....he's a successful business man with nothing but a future set out for himself and our family and he pulls shi_ like this.
He's been so together for about6 months....successful with his new business. I'm so frustrated with his behaviour....why does this cycle keep happening....I was devistated to see him coming home the way he did( with what he did to his R2 YAMAHA - which I seriously don't think he has a clue what happened) Im not looking forward to tomorrow.
I'm so confused.
People here with SR recommend meetings, but we live abroad at the moment.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi anamaria, welcome back!

I'm not sure where you are abroad but I have attended some great meetings overseas. Most countries I've been to have meetings in English (or will do so if an English speaking member shows up).

Though xAH never truly attempted sobriety, I do understand the hope that can build even after a short time of abstinence.

Keep posting!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was really hard for me not to take my AH's falling off the wagon personally. I felt like I could be supportive and loving and encouraging and when he started drinking again, I felt like I'd wasted all of that love and I became resentful as h***.

My AH is not with me now and although I wish things were different, I'm accepting that he makes his choices and I have to make my own.

You are not abroad are you? Your avatar says you are in Texas. I'm in Texas too.

Have you attended Al-Anon or individual counseling? Are either or both of those options for you?

Hugs,
Sunny
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
anamaria

Hi Sunflower....We were in Texas, now Mexico, going back to Texas in 2 weeks.