Notices

Pressure in your head

Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pressure in your head

Ok, so I binged really bad for three days on shots (all day and night) and the come down was a nightmare. A little bit of the shakes here and there but not really. It felt like my brain was under intense pressure. It "hurt" to think, and it was all so overwhelming I thought I had brain damage. It's now a few weeks past and I still get these feelings of intense tension and anxiety in my body every so often although they are fewer and less extreme, and it was "hard" to think (like read and things) for a few weeks after although it feels as though that is finally getting better as well. I guess my question is two fold. 1 - Can anyone relate to any of this, and 2 - these dont appear to be the "normal" withdrawal symptoms. Could it be that since it was only three days of booze and not really drinking anything else that I was going through severe dehydration, and not withdrawal or something of that nature. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous. It really would be a good idea to talk to your dr about these issues. It does sound like your body is trying to tell you something!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR! Glad that you found us-I must say that I agree with Anna that you should speak with Doctor-detox is a very serious thing to have to deal with-

Please check out our other forums-"Alcoholism" forums-there is a lot of support here at SR-

Others will be along to provide support to you-
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

Anxiety and shakes are normal (that is not to say safe or tolerable though!) I've never encountered anything like pressure in the brain, but I'll agree with the two ahead of me that you really ought to be asking that question to someone with a medical license.

Withdrawal is not a hangover. Most people go through it okay, but it really can lead to some horrible consequences if unsupervised.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate to the "pressure in the brain" thing and confusion, it would hit the worst on the mornings after I drank more than five glasses of wine the night before. Also for up to a week or two after quitting the booze, I would get slight dizzy spells, confusion and brain fog. You should see a doctor just to make sure you didn't do any damage. (Gin is something you definitely don't want to mess with, if that's your DOC!)

A psychiatrist told me also that Omega 3 is really good for helping your brain and cells heal properly.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

See a doctor about that head pressure.

I found out mine was because I grind my teeth in my sleep. Now I sleep with a mouthpiece and the problem is severely lessened. Who would have ever thought that could be the problem. Doctors are great at making a diagnosis - see one.

Stay sober!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still don't feel right... scared... made an appointment. Any advice?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

O, forgot to add - thanks to everyone who posted a response!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you made a good decision.

Let us know what you find out from the dr.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is good that you are going see a Dr!

Keep us posted.