This is whats up now..........(sign)

Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is whats up now..........(sign)

Well today my brother was supposed to go to court for a surrender hearing, he woke up from outside and his court clothes were soaked, i guess he hid them in the bushes, so he didnt go, the clothes he has on now are dirty and the pants have blood on them, he said his po will def know he isnt in his program anymore and make him go to jail. So now hes trying to get into a detox, my step father is trying to get him back into the one he was in before without having to to to the detox because hes not high, but because he was there before its too embarrasing for him to go there again WTH, he needs to take the options given to him and its making me crazy. SOme place told him to be there tonight at 7pm but he has to be high, so now hes looking for money to get high so he can get in....im sorry but im not sending him money to get high just so he can get into a place, im ready for a breakdown, this is killing me........I hope i made sense thanks for listening
Old 10-07-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Nichole)))

I'm sorry this is all going on, but letting it drag you down is doing no one any good. Can you find a few minutes to do something you like today? Something just for you?

Your brother has to find his own path. You can't do it for him, and worrying yourself sick about him is not going to help.

We A's (addicts) get desperate when we want to stay out of jail. He may be going to rehab just because he wants to stay out of jail.

This could go on for years and years. I hope you find the support you need and that you can stop letting him drag you down with him.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

How do you know if he gets the money and ends up getting high that he will follow through and actually go to rehab?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats the thing too, i dont know but i called the detox and she said the only way he can enter is if hes going to withdraw. My step father is involved with many people because of his own addictions and is trying to find a center for him where he doesnt have to be high to enter.........i hope it works, this is a good kid from a good family hes just having a real hard time, wish i could hug him but i dont drive and im 2 hrs away
Old 10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nichole78 View Post
Well today my brother was supposed to go to court for a surrender hearing, he woke up from outside and his court clothes were soaked, i guess he hid them in the bushes, so he didnt go, the clothes he has on now are dirty and the pants have blood on them, he said his po will def know he isnt in his program anymore and make him go to jail. So now hes trying to get into a detox, my step father is trying to get him back into the one he was in before without having to to to the detox because hes not high, but because he was there before its too embarrasing for him to go there again WTH, he needs to take the options given to him and its making me crazy. SOme place told him to be there tonight at 7pm but he has to be high, so now hes looking for money to get high so he can get in....im sorry but im not sending him money to get high just so he can get into a place, im ready for a breakdown, this is killing me........I hope i made sense thanks for listening
Don't you hate that they have to go get high in order to get help? I understand partly so people aren't just getting a warm place to stay but what about the people who need help and are waiting to get into a detox and might be clean for a few days and then have to go get high so they can get in. my ex abf has been to 3 in the past few months and they haven't been able to place him in a holding afterwards...which is frustrating because he did an intake interview for a program...but he has to go to a holding from detox for 30 days then the program will take him...except all the holdings are full and he can't get placed. so then he gets out of detox and is good for awhile and then picks up again.

I am sorry you are going through this. Hugs to you. Be strong and take care of yourself!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rozied

I too am sorry you & your family are going through this. Try to detach, there is noone you can control but yourself. I will pray for your brother & for you. Your brother that he reaches his bottom and gets some help for himself & for you that you let go & focus on yourself.
Love,
Diane
PS I do know it is easier said than done!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I hope it all works out, and he gets in a place he doesn't have to high to get into.

I can understand the "why" they do that, but it still boggles my mind.