Hello...

Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello...

Hello.. Im a newbie here. Im glad I found this site. It's a great place!!

I just dropped my AH at detox today. his choice. He has been an addict for years, He is only 30. we have 3 children together. Its gotten so bad in the past year. alcohol has become his breakfast, lunch , dinner and inbetween snacks. It was making me sick to see!And it obviosly has been making him sick. I dont really talk about this due to so much pain, and fear of critisism. typing this has been hard to do, but this seems like a great supportive place. Thanks for listening!!! I would love to hear any words of wisdom, or advice.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi kayrik. I'm so glad you found us! There are so many good people here. Not many at night, but lots during the day.

I'm glad you're starting to think about these things. And I'm glad you're not afraid to speak here.........we've all been through the same stuff as you. Alcoholism is a nasty thing and we need to stick together and share ideas.

Hugs to you
GL
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Kayric! You have found a place where you can tell us pretty much anything, we've all pretty much been through it. I am glad your husband decided to get treatment, that is fantastic. I recommend two places for you, the Classic Reading sticky and the Best of SR, it is at the bottom of the main page. Tons of great info. Welcome again!
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, kayrik, glad you're here!

My suggestion would be to try Al Anon; will there be family sessions where he is detoxing?

I'm rooting for all of you!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to you Kayrik. I only came here a few weeks ago, but it has done wonders for me.
Hang around and take in the huge amount of collected wisdom from those who have been there and done that, before us. God bless you all right now.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!! Today is the first day of not seeing or I have not heard from him yet, I thought I would hear from him already, Its already 11:15.
I will have to look into alanon, I work most nights duriing the week so I am sure this will be a bit rough. I have not heard of any family sessions as of yet where he is detoxing.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Hello Kayrik, welcome to SR!

I also recommend reading the stickies at the top of the forums.

It is great your husband has gone to rehab, good luck to him and to you! One book that helped me realise how much I had been affected by everything was ''Codependant No More'' by Melody Beattie, a fab and tearful read!

Stick around and keep reaching out for support, as said, between us all, there isn't much we haven't seen or experienced!

Lots of love to you
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kayrik View Post
Thanks guys!! Today is the first day of not seeing or I have not heard from him yet, I thought I would hear from him already, Its already 11:15.
I will have to look into alanon, I work most nights duriing the week so I am sure this will be a bit rough. I have not heard of any family sessions as of yet where he is detoxing.
I would imagine he's busy detoxing.

Try contacting your local Al Anon office - there are usually meetings at all times of the day. If not for yourself (at first LOL), then it will help you understand what your husband faces in sobriety. There is some great Al Anon literature about this topic.

Good luck!