Notices

Rough Day

Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Day

I have had a horrible day. One thing after another went wrong. I mean... just everything.

The tears have been falling all day long. I went out and got some exercise earlier but even that didn't help my mood.

But I stayed sober.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you had a bad day
Seems to be endemic for a lot of ppl lately...
here's hoping tomorrow's better, hey?

D
Old 10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Hope....:ghug3...This too shall pass. I am so glad you are sober..a drink won't fix anything. And they tell me at the meetings that tears, even though you are in so much pain right now, are cleansing. Try to take a deep breath, and know that you are not alone.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Hope,
I'm sorry you had a bad day, I did too. I'm glad you stayed sober, I'm trying to work on that myself.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One of the things that happened earlier was at school. This lady in the office keeps telling me to change my major because she doesn't think I can handle my current one. She was so rude about it. I was pretty discouraged when I left her office.

But I know that I can do it as long as I work hard.

So I am just going to work hard in school. She doesn't know all the hell that I've gone through in the last couple years. I am still there, I am still trying. I know that counts for something. I have a strong spirit inside of me. It's just that I let the light go out for a long time. That was the past. I am making the daily decision to stay sober and although I know that things won't magically get better overnight, at least I won't be digging myself into a deeper hole.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This lady in the office keeps telling me to change my major because she doesn't think I can handle my current one. She was so rude about it.
Nice lady. Probably just trying to be helpful and totally wrecked your day. Or maybe she needed someone to pick on because she was having a bad day!! Who knows where she was coming from. You can handle it or if you can't - Hey, you'll find out and it'll be no big deal.

You sound better now Hope. I'm glad.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sometimes people just don't know how to say the right thing!

maybe she meant good (or maybe not). whatever she meant is over now. what she said may just mjotivate you to take charge of your schyooling
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
getting there

Sorry about that, Hope. When people act like that to me, I get motivated to prove them wrong!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Hope)))

Sorry you've had a rough day, but I think you're attitude is great!!!

When I went back to nursing school, they told us not to take a certain class, right away, if we had been out of school for a while (I'd been out 10 years) because it was a hard class. I took it first anyway, figuring if I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't be able to handle nursing school.

It was hard and I only made a C, but I was determined to do what I thought I could handle, and not listen to the school.

So go for the degree you want. You know yourself, and you are getting better and stronger every day.

Hugs and prayers that tomorrow is a better day for you!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope - I really take issue with that lady's sentiment. I had a school guidance counselor tell me when I was in high school that I wasn't college material and guess what - I believed her. Don't make that mistake Hope. Don't ever let someone tell you can't do something that you believe you can! If you believe it, you can achieve it!! I am so sorry you had a bad day. :ghug3
Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am going to go for the degree. I think that what that lady struck a cord with me because of self-doubt. I already have my own insecurities and fears about what I am taking on. The only thing that kept me from it before was my active addiction. But in recovery, I have more opportunities to do better. Without sobriety, I doubt that I'd be able to do any major. I was originally in an easier major but I was still actively drinking and using at the time so of course I blew the easier major.

The major that I am going for now is the one I really want. It's a harder one, but I'd rather do school work in something I want rather than just picking something else because I didn't think I could do anything better.

I have spent too much time lowing my standards to what other people thought of me. It's time now to start raising my standards and believing that I am capable.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am feeling more encouraged now.

My own father once told me when I was in middle school that he thought I was going to end up dropping out of high school like everyone on my mom's side of the family... and I am in college now. So people don't always know what they are talking about.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Hope)))

I like what colagirl said, too. When someone tells me I can't do something that I really want (and it's good for me), I get the attitude of "watch me", and I do it

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hope, Something that always stuck with me It is better to take the road less traveled, to try something hard and fail, then to quit, or take the easy way out and succeed. This was told to me when I was young, and it took along time for me to grasp the meaning. I never wanted to fail at anything. My low self esteem couldn't handle it.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Hope Sorry for your bad day! Glad that you stayed sober and it sounds
as if your head is in a good place

Hang in there as Dee said a lot of people have been having the bad days kick in as
of late! This will pass...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hope. It seems like these days just come along once in a while. I lost a good friend last night to a motorcycle accident. He was 24 years old and expecting his first child in three weeks. He was coming home from a "man baby shower". He coached our high school football team and was an excellent teacher. All the kids loved him. It maybe makes some of our problems look not so bad.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winwin View Post
Hope. It seems like these days just come along once in a while. I lost a good friend last night to a motorcycle accident. He was 24 years old and expecting his first child in three weeks. He was coming home from a "man baby shower". He coached our high school football team and was an excellent teacher. All the kids loved him. It maybe makes some of our problems look not so bad.
I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I have had a horrible day. One thing after another went wrong. I mean... just everything.

The tears have been falling all day long. I went out and got some exercise earlier but even that didn't help my mood.

But I stayed sober.
So, what you're really telling us is that you had a great day.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

With a great ending too.

I will fall asleep sober tonight.

Of all the many, many obstacles and painful stuff that I went through today, I chose to face it all instead of running from it.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am glad you are trusting in yourself now. Dont let noone and I mean NOONE determine what you are capable of. You do you Cheryl.
HUGS