OT update on the robbery

Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT update on the robbery

I just got off the phone with my boss. He has been authorized to cut me a check for the $165 I paid for getting into my car and a new key. He's also told me that Roger (his boss) said they would pay me for last night and tonight if I wanted to stay out. I WAS going to go in (need the money), but I am still getting my butt kicked by a cold, so am staying home.

He assured me that I will get my hours on 2nd shift, which is busier and safer. We will stay open until 3 a.m. on Fri. and Sat., and he said if it slowed down, "lock the damn doors, no matter what time it is".

I asked him about D, my mgr on duty that night because I haven't been able to get hold of him. Apparently he had something on his record and they locked him up!!!!! I am in shock! He's talking to D's daughter, and will find out something today. I told him I had just gotten the papers for my probation being terminated early, so I was glad I didn't have a record anymore.

Work with dad has suddenly decreased. The merchandising I was doing has been cut severly (thanks to economics) and now he is getting worried. I'm thinking this will all work out because I will get back to making money and we never do good when we're both struggling.

For now, I will stay with my job. I talked to my lawyer and he is faxing my probation release papers (freedom papers!!) to the GBI to get my permanent record straightened out and I will look for a better job.

I'm okay. The gift I got from my friend here and the check from work will let me pay my car payment on time. I still have $800 coming in from work I've done with dad, but it will be about a month.

I have a new appreciation for life...nothing like getting whacked in the head with a gun to make you realize what's really important...friends, family, and of course...being clean

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I'm glad everything is going to work out for you... and most importantly that you are Ok..

Wow! That must have been scary
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

wonderful , wonderful news, Amy!
this 'event' and how you have moved through it has been inspiring...
I am so glad everything is falling into place and your needs
are being met... Grateful
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ghug3
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news Amy. I do so hope they can expunge your records so you can go back to making good money and being safer. Stay safe!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

They are going to pay for your hospital bill right?
I don't want to bring up more stress for you,
but hospital bills are what have me in debt,
and just want to make sure you cover yourself
as best as you can.

I'm really glad you are okay..
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amy.....Great News! Always happy to hearing about things working out. Your attitude is so infectious I always feel better reading your comments.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Done)))

When they got my info at the ER, she asked if I was at work. I said "oh yeah..I was at work, we were robbed, and I was hit with a gun...this is DEFINITELY workmen's comp!!".

When I talked to Derek (my mgr) about it he asked if I gave them his name and number..they never asked or came back. I assured him that he will be getting all the bills that come to me and he said "absolutely..you will not be paying for this".

The restaurant I work for is a major chain, who's been in business for 75 years (this year), so I'm confident they will take care of this. If not, I will get "legal" on them

Workmen's comp was reluctant to pay Candido's hospital bill when he was robbed last year, because he didn't go in until after a few days. Since I went directly from work to the hospital, in an ambulance, that shouldn't be a problem. From the way it sounds, though, work is just going to take care of the bills and I'm not sure if it will go under workmen's comp or not.

I think they feel guilty. I was the main one raising he!! about them not allowing us to lock the doors. Even told Derek, I had wanted to lock the doors but didn't want to lose my job...he hung his head, and said "I am so sorry, Amy". Now he says "if in doubt, lock the damn doors"

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just got a call from workman's comp...they are covering all hospital/ambulance bills, and I have the address to send them the receipt for where I paid $14 for my prescriptions.

This lady is the same one who called me, months ago, when my friend/coworker, Randy, had the stroke. She remembered me

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your doing okay Amy. Have you ever thought about going back to Nursing once your record is straightened out.? Just wanted to let you know Amy you are an inspiration to many of us here. I always enjoy reading your posts.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I have been gone from the boards WAAAAAY too long and don't even know the whole story yet, Amy.... but I'm really glad you're ok and that your hospital bills are all being covered. Heck, I'd charge them for an ice bag if you had to use it - you're lucky you're ALIVE !

Big hugs
Cats
Old 10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OT update on the robbery

so thankful you are OK. You seem to have an awesome recovery and have been helpful to me from the A's point of view. Good things will come your way, your attitude will make it happen.:bounce
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh yea, workmans comp. I'd think I would remember that by now.
Just wanted to make sure though.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amy that's such good news on the financial front! I am very glad your manager is letting you lock the doors, I would hate to hear that our Amy brought out her mad ninja skills on the next guy that tried to rob your work! Hope you feel one hundred percent soon girl and enjoy your night off.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Amy.... your gratitude - your positive attitude - just YOU in general is uplifting and I just take my hat off to you!

You amaze me woman...... you really do!!!!!!!!

BIG love xoxoxo
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((Abs)) - I've heard a LOT about my attitude the past couple of days, but it's all been good.

I was talking to my friends that work day shift, while I was waiting for my car to be opened, and just being my normal self. My boss was standing there, and his friend, who also works there said "you're attitude is just absolutely awesome"....boss was standing there, laughing, and nodding.

I credit my good attitude mostly to my mom, who taught me how to have faith even when the world is falling apart around you, but also to recovery and the friends I've met here. My "other-mother" always says "God has you in His hands" and I know that, but it sure helps to have friends all over the world giving you support when you need it

That's why I've stuck really, really close to SR the past 2 days....I knew my friends, here, could get me through this, and you all have!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Your mom sounds like she taught you good stuff, Amy. Your strength and positive outlook will be rewarded continuously in life, I believe. Stay strong, and if you have a little PTSD reaction in a couple days, know that it is perfectly normal given what you've been through. Let it out in tears, and then keep walking that great walk you're on.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Even in the midst of all that has happened, you sound so strong and positive! I am really glad that it's starting to look up.

And I'm glad that they are going to let you lock the doors if you need to. Stay as safe as possible. The whole situation sounds so scary. I am so glad that you are okay, Amy.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow,

Jeshh.... I go away for the weekend and look how much I have missed.....

Amy, you are in inspiration to sooooo many people.
I am proud of the way that you handled this "latest" situation.

I don't want to laugh about the robbery, and your injuries, but ....
it does sound like this is a workman's compensation claim.
You got hurt while working...

Let your company help take care of your expenses.
You deserve it.

...... and lock the doors!

Hugs,