Notices

Hi all!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I'm not sure if this is where I write my first post?
Ummm, just want to say that I am so glad I have found this site, it's so reasuring knowing that I not alone out there.
I've been a heroin addict for about 11 years now. I went to NA meetings recently and it was great! Had me clean for 2 months - but my partner of 6 years died in a car accident a month ago and I have relapsed, badly.
Well, I am at a point now where my body isn't going to put up with the abuse for much longer and despite my pain, I do need to fight it - as I promised her.
I am hear for a little comfort is all, hope that's not silly of me.
Ummm so yeah, just wanted to say hi and ummmm, well anybody going through the same, add me as a pal
Take care all,
Damien x
Old 10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Arch! Congratulations on finding a wonderful community of amazing people. We'd love to help you on your journey to getting well, and you'll be helping us too by sharing your experiences. I'm so sorry for the burden you are carrying right now, but brighter days are coming. You never have to feel alone again - and that's the thing that brought me through my darkest days. SR's been a miracle for me, I hope you find it to be the same for you. Love, Joanie
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome Damien! Glad you are here! Sorry to hear about your partner. I know that must have been rough. I go to NA...been clean for about 8 months now. Just keep reaching out. You are not alone.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Arch glad to see that you took my advice and posted! Welcome again to SR! Glad that you found us-there is a lot of support here at SR-

Please also check out our other forums and the stickies at the top of the page as they are filled with a wealth of information!

Others will be along that have been where you are! Glad that you have taken your first step forward to recovery-

Keep posting
Old 10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Arch! Welcome!

Love,

Lenina
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Archie, Welcome!
Keep posting and KCB! Are you going to go back to NA? Hope you do.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much!
I am overwhelmed! Almost a little tearful if I may be honest.
I've only a few good mates who don't 'really' dable in drugs, the rest are users and I have dropped all of them from my life now. In truth, my partner Abby (may she RIP), she was all I had and now she has been taken from me so cruely. I have really felt alone in our little flat we set as our home. Abby was a true angel on earth, so patient with me, it should have been me under that car not her, she had so much spirit and soul to share to to so many people. So much to give and live for.
I guess now, I just lost a hold of it all and that is embarrassing.
I am nervous opening up like this as I know that we all have had hard times and pasts and I believe many of you have been through so much more than me so I pray you love and happiness from today and forever further. And I do hope I can make loads of friends who are genuinely going through the same battles with drugs and alcohol.
I am going to return to NA meetings with my tail between my legs and pray that they understand. Just needed to find a site like this on lonely days so I can talk with you all from time to time. Sometimes I fear myself when sat alone staring at nothing.
You are all so amazing! And thank you for patiently taking the time to read this :/
I would love to get to know poeple better so contact me, yay
All my heart, Damien
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This is such a great place and many many people here combo it with AA, NA and other recovery programs. Try to make a couple friends here who you can PM with. Read threads and posts and see who you really like/relate to/admire. I have several people here with whom I can laugh with as that for me is the best medicine ever. It's amazing how we can all help each other on whatever soberiety date we have and that is why it's sad when people lave here because something isn't in the mix, something is missing! I'm so glad you're here with us, getting better.

-Kathleen
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Sorry to hear about Abby but I am glad you are seeking recovery.