Contact from Mike

Old 10-04-2008, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Contact from Mike

"hello"

"don't hang up, please don't hang up"

I knew the sound of that voice in a heartbeat, even slurred and hard to understand.

In the span of a second, I was carried back in time to hellville.

I was in so much shock, I never even said a word except the initial hello.

I heard it all in the course of 5 min. I'm sorry, you were right, I was so wrong for doing what I did, can you ever forgive me, blah blah blah and then some more blah.

I need your help, it's not for me, it's for my 3 year old son. Please, I'm begging you please help me, you are the only one I could ever trust, you are the only one who can help me. I have to get him away from that (*******), please think about it. Click.

The next day, his daughter calls, then his friend calls, all pressuring me to forgive him and help him.

WTF, this man sexually abused my daughter right under my nose, he terrorized me and my kids, abandonded us in a hurricane, and that's after the years and years of drug addiction, affairs and abuse.

I left florida to hide from him, I changed my whole life and my kids life to hide. So now he's found us, what has it been three years four?

I will not run and hide any more. I have a life again, I'm living life again, the motel is almost done and I'll be damned if I'll run hide again and give it all up.

Nope, no more.

Violation of restraining order #1 direct contact.
Violation of restraining order #2 contact through another. (daughter)
Violation of restraining order #3 contact through another (his friend)

I have some pretty intense feelings about it right now. Wavering between taking matters into my own hands, or handing it over to HP.

Either way, I refuse to be a victim any more, what ever happens, happens. No more running.

B
Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do what you need to do! You are not a victim anymore. You said it right...blah, blah, then more blah, blah. I don't know all the history, but it sounds like this is an issue of safety and sanity for you. Seems like a strong, clear message to stay away is appropriate - from the proper authorities if need be. If you have caller ID, ignore the calls from his family/friends too.

Take a (few) deep breaths and stay true to you. Hugs--
Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Frankly,

Wow!

You are not a victim anymore!

Sounds like enough violations to contact the authorities.
Please do not take matters into your own hands, yet
We got us a Codie Bus for that!

Hugs,
Colleen
Old 10-04-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by frankly View Post

I will not run and hide any more. I have a life again, I'm living life again, the motel is almost done and I'll be damned if I'll run hide again and give it all up.

Nope, no more.

Violation of restraining order #1 direct contact.
Violation of restraining order #2 contact through another. (daughter)
Violation of restraining order #3 contact through another (his friend)

I have some pretty intense feelings about it right now. Wavering between taking matters into my own hands, or handing it over to HP.
Book him Danno!

Frankly, this gave me chills. I know how hard you have worked and how far you have come and my first reaction to all this was "How DARE he mess with our Frankly!".

It's up to you whether to lay charges or not, but I would definitely document this in case you want to recall it in the future.

And if he calls again, maybe just hang up. I know shock froze you this time but next time you can be prepared.

You are no longer the victim, Frankly, remember that. Today you are the strong survivor who knows how to take care of herself. That makes all the difference here.

Hugs and Love
Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Frankly)))

I'm sorry he's reappeared, but darned if YOU don't sound great!!

I would press charges, but then I'm big on people facing consequences. Whatever you do, I agree with Ann, document it all.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-04-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
turning red!

Hi Frankly,

You do sound good and strong and more than a survivor: a 'vivor' (don't know if that can be said, but you got my point? ;P)
Don't let him mess with your life and brain anymore and take action if you deem it necessary.

Take care x
Carine
Old 10-04-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Frankly)))))

What Ann said - completely. Do what you need to do, and if you don't press charges, document, document, document. Leaving it in HP's hands can mean taking matters into your own by pressing charges- it's what that inner voice tells you once you have let out your emotions and can once again breathe and regain that special spot.

You are a strong, amazing woman sith an incredible recovery tool box. I know you will be just fine. We're here, always. Lots of love and hugs
Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

I'm not the person I was 4 years ago. At this point, he's got my phone number, hopefully not my address. If I prosecute, then my address will have to be added as places he can't be, I'd rather not supply that information unless it goes any further.

I had some unconfortable feelings associated with the whole thing, I felt glad that things were so bad for him, then I felt ashamed for feeling that way. I made a choice long ago to let go of my anger, my hurt, my hatred, and they reared their ugly heads once again, just for a moment, I wallowed in them.

I guess they never go away totally, but they aren't lasting. I feel calm and confident, I've said a prayer for his little boy, and I'm handing it over to HP.

Thank You my friends for making me feel better.

B
Old 10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, if he's got your phone number, odds are good that he has or can trace your address. I don't say that to scare you, but so you can keep your defences up in all areas.

There are sites that allow reverse lookups, which means if you provide a phone number, it will give you an address to match...or of you give it an address, it will give you the name and phone number to match. Handy for some, and too handy for others like him.

Stay safe girl, and don't let him steal your serenity or your freedom.

Hugs
Old 10-04-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Frankly.
Unbelievable.

You do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe, okay?

Whatever you need to do.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Frankly,

Your recovery is shining. Documenting is probably a good idea, as is turning up your "radar" for a while. I wouldn't let him rent any additional brain space beyond the normal safety check list.

We'll round up the codie bus and head that way if you need us... but we were hoping it would be for the Grand Opening Celebration!

Big hugs
Cats