Notices

Experiences with Cottonwood de Tucson?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Experiences with Cottonwood de Tucson?

Hi all, been a while since I've posted. I had almost 14 months sober toward the end of August, but relapsed and have been drinking again since. A few days ago I decided it was time to get away from the booze again and it's been recommended that I spend some time doing inpatient.

It looks like things are falling into place for me to go to Cottonwood de Tucson, and I was hoping someone might have some knowledge or experience with it. I'm absolutely terrified at the prospect of spending a month almost all the way across the country from my friends and family, but I know I need to do what it takes to get well.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

I haven't been to that specific place, but i did go to a 28 day treatment in patient facility in july of 07.

Boy can i relate to the fear! I was terrified. You know it really was a great expereince and got me on the sober track. Some of it is emotionally intense and there were bad days and good days....but over all it was good and it was very supportive and i learned how to just get through each day sober and came up with a plan for after treatment that was something i was willing to comit to and do. That was important....i really had to be honest with the center about what i would or wouldnt do and work with reality, not just blow smoke up their you know what. They really hleped.
:ghug3
Old 10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I've never been to a treatment center
so I have no personal experiences to share.

Welcome back to SR....
I am so pleased you will be getting professional assistance.