Thought I should start A Knew Thread...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thought I should start A Knew Thread...

I did post and tell everyone that my mom passed away, my older sister was living with her for almost 3 years. My sister went to visit her friend in Sask. BC about 2weeks after she passed away. So my oldest son went to stay at grandma's while she was gone. The house I bought only has 2 bedrooms and he was sleeping on the couch...I had offered to buy him a trailor to live in, in our driveway, that was all good and then him and I got into it again and he said no...he was not going to do that, he is going to find himself a place. Well he looked for a week or so and then stopped so now he was a fixture on the couch working nights sleeping days and I had to pitter patter around here while he was sleeping.

So while my sister was gone, I finally got to enjoy my livingroom and watch my tv and stretch out on the couch. My sister came back from her vacation and we thought he should just stay there, it is a 4 bedroom home and she is by herself there. So he stayed there, but got on his but and started looking again for a place....being 19 is kind of hard to get a landlord to give you a chance. Well we went and looked at a place on Sunday, a basement suite, really nice, they said that they would let him know on Wed, as they had a few people interested. Well they called today and offered it to him. He called me right away and said he got it...he was so excited.

I said I am so happy for you, see you don't have back luck (he said this on Sunday, thinking he had no hope of getting it) he said I know, I said thanks for letting me know son and have a great day, he said and you have a great day to mom.....!!!!! I hung up the phone and cried, he told me to have a good day....he didn't tell me to f off. Then I got a case of the 1st one leaving the nest....oh boy do things come in 3's or what.

Rose
Old 10-01-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Rose,
So sorry to hear about your mom.

My mom will be 90 in December, and I already try to steel myself for the day she gets ill.

Well, your son sounds like he wants to be out experiencing the real world, good for him. Amazing he can afford it, just being 19. I had a little itty bitty case of the empty nest syndrome, but I sure lost it quick and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Hugs to you Rose....
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Moose,

I still have my youngest with me, he is 17, but in College taking Heavy Duty Mechanics. My oldest that has moved out has a good job, he is working full-time and making $25 an hour in a mill, pulling the grean chain, he get full medical and dental, plus in January the company starts putting in for RRSP's.

We have had are times and bigs times, we all go on but there is still this whole missing, their dad and my husband. Were he is I don't know, but this drug has taken him and he is gone. He would be so proud of his boys had he not gone off into the world of drugs and I think he chooses to keep away because I don't think he could handle what they are doing with their lives and the road they choose to do with theirs. I just don't think he could look them in the eyes and think saying sorry is going to cut it. But that is only what I think...who knows what he is really thinking

The devastation and hardship that his addiction caused us in the last 5 going on 6 years now was horrific, but still inside we hold a special place for him and I think for us just to see him sober would settle our minds of some real trama.

But we know he would make contact if he was sober and sober for sometime, so that leads us to believe he is still using, where ever he is.

So sad to see a man who was once a proud dad of 2 sons to miss out on their first driving lesson, buying their 1st car and fixing the breakdown, graduations...oh something that he will never see and what parent could bare to miss out on such things.

Just shows us and tells us just how powerfull the drugs can be!

Rose
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Rose))))

It sounds like you have to fine sons. Be good to yourself sweetie.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

he told me to have a good day....he didn't tell me to f off.
Rose, only we mom`s would get the progress in that, and I have to admit it made me giggle even this early in the morning. Imagine telling an earthling mom who had never experienced addiction, this, and watching them try to process it.

He`s come a long way, Rose, and so has your other son. They are growing up and maybe that, combined with the lack of chaos in your life today has helped them make good choices.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rose, I am sorry that you lost your mom. I still have mine but she is getting up there in years so I know it is just a matter of time. I am so happy to hear that your boys are doing so well. I remember how much you went through with them. Now to find you someone special Hugs, Marle
Old 10-02-2008, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Rose, I am very sorry you lost your mom. My mom will be 89 in Dec ( so will my dad ) and I know they cannot live forever. It makes me sad even thinking about it.
Your boys sound like they are doing well. Good for you & your family.
Love,
Diane
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So sorry for the loss of your mom. Gram was 105 last week-still was up and going. Now have hired 2 aides and and a nurse. Her cat got out and has been gone for 5 days-she has just given up and her health is failing fast.

Good for your son-you have to be a proud mom!!!!!