AH is back in rehab...

Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH is back in rehab...

Some of you may remember that my AH was kicked out of rehab for using in rehab. Here's the post - http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1869791

Since he's been out he's been on minimal doses of suboxone. My AH has been in contact with the rehab and was able after 40 days to come back. He picked up the phone over the weekend and called to try to get back in (had to go through the director). They called yesterday with a bed and clearance from the director, so he left. I'm not for sure how long, but it is a 28 day rehab.

I don't +think+ he's going to have to go through detox, but obviously I'm a poor judge of when someone's using. He keeps saying he wants his life back, his family etc. I fear it may be too late for that - for me. He's been @ his mom's for about 4.5 months. I've just in the last week let him come out here to help with things (mow, yardwork, fixing things etc). I'm glad he's where he needs to be. As for me, I'm doing my best to watch his walk and avoid his talk. It is amazing how different he is when he's not using. Kinder, gentler, less combative, more helpful, respectful etc. I'd actually forgotten what a good guy he could be and he's been consistant with it. I've not had consistancy with him forever.

I'm not sure how much feeling I will have left for him after all is said and done, but I'm glad he's getting help. He needs the tools to live in this life without drugs. This rehab is nationally recognized for our area.

Thanks for reading guys.

Last edited by Callie; 10-01-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a good sign. Good luck to him. Keep doing what you are doing to protect yourself and your kids from addiction. Only time will tell... right.

And you aren't obligated to get back with him if he recovers Callie. He has a long ways to go to get a life. You don't have to provide that for him. ;-) His life is his responsibility. It may or may not include you. However it would be great if he got better for the childrens sake ya know.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good news! Stay focused on the actions, stay true to yourself. I agree with hello-kitty above, you have NO obligations regardless of how and what he does. You sound good!