Rose...

Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rose...

Well I am not having such a great time here....maybe some of you may remember I was seeing this fellow last year around this time....but our relationship ended. We have been seeing each other on and off for the last month or so. He turned out lastyear as not to be so dependable, but really it was him that ended what we had going.

The week before last he was calling, going fishing and bringing me fish, we had a couple of dinners together. He called me before he went to work in the morning around 6am but he knew I am up at that time. We both really like this county artist that was coming to town tonight, so I managed to get tickets. Then again he started this distance thing. I guess that is what really triggered me when I posted about having a few to many and speaking my mind. I did make the move and told him that I was sorry and he kind of just laughed and said don't you worry about anything, you never have to say you are sorry to me. Done said and over. As I said we had plans for dinner tonight and to go see this concert...we talked lastnight and it was all still a go...I went and bought groceries for dinner tonight before we went....well the concert is about to start in 30 min and I have not ever heard a work from him. I tried to call his home no answer and his cell just goes to a voice mail...say no more...his not showing up.

I feel like such a fool and so rejected. I will not call again...he knows and calling to say my mind is just going to go in one ear and out the other. How someone could do this....

Rose
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Rose)))

You deserve soooooo much more! Respect, friendship, consideration, kindness, etc...

I'm sorry you're hurting right now! Glad you let us know. Sending you hugs! Stay busy! His loss, you know that - right? It is!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Rose)))
He's not worth your time, and it was worth the price of a few tickets to realize that.
His loss hon
(((Hugs)))
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comforting words...I just feel so lonely...my husband has been gone for 5 years now and I have this desperate feeling that I am going to be alone for the rest of my life. But having someone like this in my life isn't going to make for happyness.

I am just feeling a bit of shame and embarrassment right now!

Rose
Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, please don't feel like a fool. I've been there before myself, sometimes it just gets lonely and it's nice to have someone to be there. You know now what it is and you sure do deserve so much more. Sounds like something he had planned just to be cruel but you seem to know it for what it is and he doesn't sound like anyone to waste your time with.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Rose,
When my daughter was younger I explained to her that us gals are like a present. While you may feel pressure to let someone open the present, keeping it wrapped for the "right" one, deserving of your gift, is worth the wait, and makes the gift special.
(yeah...she's the one that wound up pregnant at 18, so I'm trying it out again on you )

You may never have the chance to meet a good one, if you keep hanging with this bad one, so he did you a favor.

You're not alone, you have you and you're so special you may just decide just keep it wrapped up for a spell.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CeCe...

I just feel like my wrapping paper on the present is getting faded...

Rose
Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
turning red!

no need to feel embarassed darling, it's him who should be...
i know loneliness can be scary, but i'm sure it won't be for long and that a nice guy will come along in no time.
take care
x
Carine
Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A rose by any name...

I think we all feel "alone", but if a friend of yours told you the scenario, what would you see and think about it? Would you feel like she's better off on her own than with someone like that?

We can be happy building our own lives, and what comes will come. Whatever that is - should be everything you want and need it to be! You are a precious present, to be treasured, enjoyed, relished, etc...
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rose,
I'm sorry he did that to you, sometimes I feel like men just don't get it. You are a very special person who deserves so much better. You are a jewel and he is a piece of coal,you shine and he is dull. I know the feeling of lonliness too and even with someone in my life I still feel that way. When and if he calls make sure you tell him you have other things to do and can't talk, or if you have caller id don't answer the phone.
When you least expect it someone will walk into your life and treat you the way you should be treated.
Sending you hugs to help you feel better
Old 10-01-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He's a cad, Rose, unworthy of a treasure like you.

I think that people who stand people up with no call, no explanation and who KNOW that the person left standing is going to feel humiliated, disappointed and unhappy...are not worthy of any friendship.

I agree that as bad as this seems now, it's a small price to pay for what might have been a lifetime of unhappiness.

You shine, Rose, you are a wonderful person and someone most men would fall over backwards to meet. Just keep being you, sweetie, live life well and be happy, and I promise you will never be lonely. It's lonelier being with someone who is not emotionally available, who cannot give as much or more than they take from a relationship, than it is to be by yourself and content.

When you look in the mirror this morning, tell that pretty face staring back that you ARE worth so much better than this and that you ARE a terrific person who doesn't need people who treat her badly.

Big Hugs
Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Rose, I was stood up once on a New Years Eve so I know how you are feeling. As Ann said it's far better to be alone than in a relationship with someone who makes you unhappy. He is not someone you can count on, thats for sure.
Be glad you found out now.
Love,
Diane
Old 10-01-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Rose...
You are a kind, thoughtful, beautiful woman. A shining star.

And when you least expect it, you will find someone that is worthy of you.

Don't settle for less...

Hugs....
Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree with all Rose...don't settle.

He is a JERK~you should kick him in the knee if you ever cross his path again.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Rose,

I know he hurt you but you dont need a man like that in your life! You deserve so much better, and dont need someone to stand you up. He should have had enough decency to call you even if he had an emergency.

Rose, I know what your feeling a similair situation happened to me after my ex and I broke up. I remember waiting for this guy to show up, calling him and him not answer.

hugs to you Rose!

jewelz
Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone!

When my alarm went this morning I got the kettle going and ran to my pc straight to SR. I knew my friends here would have words of comfort to get me through the day.

I am feeling better tonight, can't say it has been the worse thing happen to me, much better than the police calling to say your husband is in custody for 5 armed robberies! Now that really sucked! Didn't quite get over that one in a day.

My sister kind of gave me a blast....she said you knew what he was like, he pulled this on you at least twice lastyear and you fall back into it again!

I guess I am gullable in many ways....but in the back of my mind I had this wonder that he may do this. I just can't get over how someone could do this, even if he called and said I am sorry but something came up...even if it was a lie, but at least I knew that he was not coming.

I guess there is more to the story of why his wife left him after 20years of marriage. The last time I went to his house I don't think he had done a dish in at least a month, there was a coffee table but there were so many dishes on it you could not even see that there was a coffee table, go into the kitchen and not a glass or cup in the cuboard the counters were stacked with dirty dishes and the stove top full of unwashed pots, pans and frying pans with grease thick. His lawn is up to your knees, there is a lawnmower if you can see it.

He has no heat in his house, a wood stove, but it only heats his living room, on a average day it will heat the kitchen, but in the frozen cold days with the wood stove going you can see your breath, there is no insilation!

He lives his days to get with the guys and have beers.

I really don't want much, but like to have my grass cut and the dishes done, love to make a pot of chowder and eat when you want on the weekend. Sit with a blanket and watch a great movie...go out and have a dinner or just to the pub and have a beer and some appies and go home. I love to have friends over and play cards, make dinner. But for the love of me I just have or can't not find that someone to share it with me.

Rose
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Whats an appie?

Rose, you just sit tight...I can't for the life of me find one redeeming quality in this guy.
He did you a favor
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Cece...
An appie...appy...just finger food....chicken wings, scallops wrapped in bacon, veggies and dip....everyone brings one and you just pick all night.
Here is one that is a real hit

One brick of cream cheese
One can of chili
Shredded cheese

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a pan
Through the chili on top of the cheese and spread it over
Shredd the cheese ( cheddar) on top

Bake it in the oven until it is bubbling hot.

Put a bowl of chips Natchos beside it for dipping...it is a hit !

Rose