so confused...

Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Justme

so confused...

Haven't been here in such a long time. My husband has been sober from heroin about 3 yrs 2 not by chose and 1 on his own. I feel like I am searching for evidence of him relasping on marijuana. I always accuse him and just starting checking his wallet and checking his phone. Starting to make myself go crazy again. Even if I found a shread of evidence what would I do.....He is a different person but I dont want to become that person. If he is ******* up it will come out on its own,right? I just am tired.....I don't want to be this way anymore. Do I sound pathetic.....
Old 09-30-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pathetic, no way darlin

It is so difficult to be the loved one of an addict. We know when they change as we know them sober. Trust your instincts but remember the 3 C's, You didn't cause it, You can't cure it and You can't control it.

It is up to your addict to do that.

Get to a NarAnon meeting. It has saved my sanity.:praying

Mother of a 20 year old addict (crack, oxycotin, booze, everything)

Only a Higher Power and the Addict can stop the disease, not you and blaming or accusing only will cause you more pain.

God Bless.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

No you don't sound pathetic, only worried that he is using something else.
Unfortunately if he is smoking pot there is nothing you can do, it is only the person himself who can change it.
Seagirl is right, you are married to an addict even if he is in remission. It is a disease & can reoccur at anytime. If you plan on staying married to this man, find yourself a face to face mtg & go.
Love,
Diane