Annoyed by methadone clinic

Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Annoyed by methadone clinic

This is just alittle rant my husband went back to the methadone clinic to get help for his heroin addiction. This has been going on for over two weeks he goes when they tell him then it's "oh you cant do that yet your time isnt up" last week his 28 days to reapply were up , then they said come into today his 28 days are up......they are still not up (these people seem really dumb to me) they gave him another week and said then he can come in. They should know when clients time is up instead of the clients doing the run around week after week. They are going to these places for help and it seems like he help never comes week after week. I think that these people come to them and that they should get help not turned away everytime. My husband walks out with his head low and says every week " I thought this was it, well back to the streets" that kills me he wants help and it just seems like the help is so hard to get.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to you both. I'm hoping he gets the help very soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
turning red!

Hi, i totally understand your frustration...
For my Abf it's different story though similar for the frustration part:
He also went on/off to methadon clinic for heroin addiction but it's a government clinic so he doesn't have to pay anything (or symbolic, like 20 cents). He got a registered card and can go anytime he needs to, within of course supervision of their doctor.
The bad: this clinic is in the heart of the drug hen and is surrounded by dealers. I have actually witnessed dealers going INSIDE the clinic to try to get my abf to score!!!!
It's just ridiculous...
anyway, hope your husband stays strong
x
Carine