Here is Part 3

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-19.html
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Back to day one - oh the familiarity!!

Hope you made it through the weekend.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Posted mine in part 3, but...back to Day 1 here again too. I wish weekends didn't exist.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 1, day 1. Why do I always think that I can do it MY way? Why do I always think that this time, this day will be different and I will prove once and for all that I can drink "normally?" I am tired of eroding my self-confidence. I am tired of missing my own life. I am tired of day long panic attacks and pounding heart and wanting to crawl out of my skin and die. This has to end. Today.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 1 here. I had a few days, then drank. I've been getting lazy about going to meetings, I think that is the reason. Meetings have not been getting easier to go to, but I think they help. Just for today I wont drink.

:praying
Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lonely

...i am and i am afraid and i am tired and i know i can get through tonight or even the week, but I can feel the addiction out there lurking waiting. :praying
Old 06-23-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

checking in at day six sending out positive vibes to those in need, stay strong and dont give in!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Finishing out day three. Sigh...It's tough but I know it will just be worse if I give in.
I will focus on one more day. The best to you all as we jouney this path together.

Hey NG - Go figure? I was plenty willing to follow the wizard that you posted.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
getting there

*sigh* I'm so happy with our little group here... but when, WHEN will I learn?? I guess it's technically day zero for me. Don't feel like it's a death spiral or anything, but still just stupid!

Oh well. Feeling slightly stronger mentally so maybe that will help. Good job to all of you who are ahead of me!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

finishing up day 9 this evening. after the weekend it's back to being a breeze again. good luck and goodnight to all.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just started day 7 after a good AA meeting tonight.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm on to day 51. That said, there were plenty of day 1s for me. I kept coming back. If you're here, that's the most important thing. Keep coming back.

Rock on.

-- NM
Old 06-24-2008, 01:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
He who seeks, will find

Day 10,

Feeling good today and indeed yesterday as the weekend disappears in to a distant memory. I think my next troublesome period will begin on friday afternoon and last till sunday night which is the norm for me. Last weekend was a nightmare but i stuck with it and got trough it in the end with a lot of urges to contend with. but anyways im still here and Im still dry. Good luck to all. I find reading back to my earlier posts, especially the ones when I was going through sever DTs helps alot. Its amazing how quick an alcoholic mind forgets the pain and suffering of only 10 days ago. Yet if you had sever flu you would remember the pain of it for a good number of years or indeed a toothache.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 2. Going to a meeting in an hour. I'd really like a few drinks to take the edge off. Managed four days last week.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No AA

day 2 ... just checking in before getting ready for work.
yesterday was not too bad, the workday went too quickly and i turned my head driving past the drive-thru. after that i sped home, walked in and locked the door behind me. lol sometimes that's what i have to do.
and i did have things to look forward to-- a new book by my fave author and a new episode of intervention and sleeeeeep.
hope everyone is doing good today
Old 06-24-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Angry

Congrats to all on this thread who are succeeding!! I will be with you soon, I hope. Bad time for me right now, the weekend stretched into Mon so I am now starting Day 1 AGAIN! When will the madness end?? Guess I need something to get me outta this rut
Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 9 for me. Slept pretty well last night. I love no hangovers. I used to just accept my "fate", that I had a minor headache, feeling a little shaky, knowing it would take till at least 10-11am before I started to perk up.

Good luck to everyone! Do whatever you need to do today to not drink.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day three here and starting to feel better.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Faith - I love the Intervention show too - not sure why, I usually end up bawling 'cause I see myself in most of the episodes....but I love when there's a success story out of it.

Johnny - no hangovers, yea!!! and now you know you don't have to wake up with them, good for you

Least - glad you're feeling better - and tomorrow will be better still. (promise)

somehow I've managed to get 15 days in - I have no idea how, but I'm not about to analyze it. I'm content today, to just know that I have. (but no, I'm not leaving this thread right yet - I have too many people to check on

to everyone else doing well - keep going!!!!!!! To those who slipped, you have incredible courage to stand up, dust off and start over. That's a huge step.

let's see who can get through today - no thoughts about tomorrow, or next week-end - just today. ready????
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ready

And I realized, it's day 3 for me, not day 2. I felt like such crap on Sunday I didn't count it, but I didn't drink so it counts. I still feel lonely and unsteady, though listening to dharma podcasts and joyce meyer podcasts are helping. I am thinking I should go back to therapy and find a meeting i can attend regularly, though my schedule is not that forgiving.