My daughter was in a car wreck

Old 09-27-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My daughter was in a car wreck

My husband called me about an hour ago to let me know our daughter was life flighted to the hospital. The state trooper told him the driver was DUI and taken to jail. My daughter has a fractured hip and they don't know yet if it will need surgery. She also has a facial wound -- a softball size flap of skin was peeled back starting at her eyelid. They said her eyes are fine and a plastic surgeon is looking at it right now. The ER nurse told me she is really lucky but she won't think so.

My husband sounded really shaky on the phone and I called our son to go meet his dad, stay with him.

And here I am, sitting alone in a hotel room 600 miles away. I've changed my flight home and will leave in about three hours. I was supposed to have breakfast with my mom before visiting my stepmother one more time in ICU. I'm going to call her in a few minutes and fill her in. She's supposed to leave for a seminar today; she's a drug and alcohol caseworker at a homeless shelter.

What are the odds of this? Visiting my alcoholic stepmother in ICU who was DUI and now going home to see my daughter who was injured because of another DUI?

I am so grateful for this community. I have no place else or people to turn to right now and I feel calmer from typing this out. I'm praying like there's no tomorrow and I know God is with me. It was just too much to hold in and I feel numb right now.

Please say prayers for my loved ones and I'll take them too. I'm hanging onto serenity by a thread.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chino,

Hang on to that thread! It is your lifeline. My prayers are out for your serenity and your daughter's health.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My prayers for you and your daughter. How frightening. Alcohol can be such a destructive drug. Hugs to you.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chino,

We are all here for you!!

My prayers are going out for your family, especially your daughter.

I can't imagine what you are going through, being so many miles away.

Hugs,

:praying
Old 09-27-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Chino))) Sending out big prayers for you daughter. Maybe bring a pad of paper & pen so you can right down what the Dr's say. Somethimes it is hard when things are thrown at you all at once. Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Chino, Your daughter & whole family will be in my thoughts & prayers. How awful for you to be away visiting your MIL & your daughter is hit by a drunken driver.
Take some real deep breaths & try & stay calm.
Love,
Diane
Old 09-27-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, Chino, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, my prayers go out to you and your family. May God lend speed to the airplane to get you there safely. I pray that your step-mom will recover and live a sober life. I pray that your daughter will get well and I pray that he give his strength to get you thru this trying time.

:ghug:praying'

Barb
Old 09-27-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keeping you and yours in my prayers, Chino! :ghug2
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chino, I am so sorry that this happened to your daughter. It must be so scary for you right now. Sending prayers that your daughter will come through this stronger than ever and that your serenity will continue. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chino - I'm so sorry ...wow It does pour when it rains. I think I understand a bit of your anxiety with being away. I was too when i got word my daughter overdosed the first time and those hours until I could get on a plane and back across the country were so hard. The only thing that I could do, and that helped, was pray.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers for all of you. Keep reaching out...hang on to those who support you and can comfort you through this difficult time. I'm sending prayers for the person who hit her as well that this will be the bottom needed to seek and find recovery. Hugs
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your whole family.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Chino, I am sorry...sending prayers for you, your daughter and family.. grateful
Old 09-27-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Chino,
Sending prayers to you and your family. Am so sorry this happened.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Chino - prayers for your family and your daughter. I'm sorry for all of this.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Chino,
Prayers for your family, and your daughter.

Sometimes I think how nice it would be if we could all gather together in person to give each other support when a crisis happens.

Well, remember, we ARE right next to you when you go in to visit your daughter....

Hugs, and hugs....
Old 09-27-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Chino)))

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Moose is right....we ARE with you, even if you can't see us.

Please keep us updated. I am so sorry this happened.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-27-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
krhea75

Chino,
Sorry to hear of the chaos. Hope your daughter is well...You are in my prayers.
krhea
Old 09-27-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

More good wishes and warm thoughts coming to you from the great white north. All good wishes for you and your family.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BBD

Chino~ Oh my goodness. What a horrible thing to wake up to. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Prayers going out to you and your daughter and family at this time...Big hugs, Bonnie
Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your family. I'm glad you got to write it out and share here as well -- I know it helps. Keep praying -- and sharing if you need to, do what you can to stay strong. She is in good hands now. The great thing about serenity is that it can come back stronger than ever.