crushed

Old 09-26-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

crushed

So I was cleaning out his car this morning and I found a paper bag with needles and wipes, little blue plastic things with liquid in them and little bags with tiny pieces of cotton...I was so sick to my stomach I almost threw up. Then I clicked the alarm and my dog though he was home and ran to the car all excited and barking and didn't understand he wasn't there. It broke my heart and I started balling my eyes out. He doesn't understand and wouldn't come in the house. His mom doesn't know he stole from me again and doesn't know he was getting high for 3 weeks instead of 3 days and now I am going to have to tell her. She might loose her house and it's not going to help the situation any but I feel like I have to tell her the truth. I am so depressed and hurt and upset.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is there a reason why you are carrying this monkey on your back?

Does it make any difference one way or another, if you tell his parents, or not?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand the sadness of addiction. We can detach to appoint where it doesn't hurt as much although a sense of loss may remain for a while. Maybe part of your program of detachment should be to not clean out his car for him anymore.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
I understand the sadness of addiction. We can detach to appoint where it doesn't hurt as much although a sense of loss may remain for a while. Maybe part of your program of detachment should be to not clean out his car for him anymore.
It's actually my car. It's in my name cause I had better credit than he did. He would give me $ for the payments. Now I have to sell it. live and learn. That's why I was cleaning it out.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
Is there a reason why you are carrying this monkey on your back?

Does it make any difference one way or another, if you tell his parents, or not?
I ended up telling his mom. She thanked me and said I should tell her because she needs to know. I feel a little better now.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

(((Alaia))) You did the right thing. Be careful that you don't get stuck with a needle. I know you are. (the mother in me again).
I did the same thing for my ah. I put a car in my name with my insurance. Apparently I live and still don't learn. I did fess up in my codie meeting. I'm glad the car is in your possesion now. I have to get mine back.
Wishing you a good day.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubborn1 View Post
(((Alaia))) You did the right thing. Be careful that you don't get stuck with a needle. I know you are. (the mother in me again).
I did the same thing for my ah. I put a car in my name with my insurance. Apparently I live and still don't learn. I did fess up in my codie meeting. I'm glad the car is in your possesion now. I have to get mine back.
Wishing you a good day.
They were all in a bag so I didn't have to touch them. I just picked up the bag...thank god. The car is in my name but he is on my insurance and is listed as the primary driver. I dropped him off @ detox so the car stayed @ my house, thank god. I took his set of keys too and he knows that if he ever tired to take it I would report it stolen.