What about YOU ???????

Old 09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What about YOU ???????

When I read threads/posts on here about our A's.... or I am typing posts about my guy or my worries.... cries for help........ I want to also read and share what we are doing for ourselves. It's so easy to lose site of ourselves and our dreams and our goals and our visions.

What goals/dreams/visions do YOU have for yourself?
What have you done today or have planned for today or this week/weekend? What makes YOU happy?
What is YOUR (good) constant that you can always rely on?

Right now, I'm in day by day and at times, hour by hour motion...... baby steps...... but my goal/dream/vision - is to be able to master the art of MYOB!!!!!! (Mind your own business!) LOL

Today - I completed paperwork on a new job AND then I am going to make a yummy dinner after I return from taking my son to Sylvan! I also started a new vitamin regimen to assist in getting me out of this funk/depression.

What makes me happy is having massages, organized closet, new hair cut, chocolate, getting/giving love from my boys, chatting on the phone, having my bills current, dancing, music, making love.....

My constant....... the sun always rises and sets. Oh... and of course death/taxes. But with baby steps.... principle before personality .... letting go.... tells me that the more I work it .... that I will become "okay" with change being forever constant!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like the MYOB rule in life. That is what I am doing today and it sure feels good Hugs, Marle
Old 09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

abs -

Hey, I know what you mean about the day by day and sometimes hour by hour. Do you mind asking what vitamins you're taking? Are they for depression? I'd went to the dr. not too long ago for Anti D's and haven't found one that I take. I do not take medicines hardly ever (my AH makes up for the both of us just kidding) I rarely take aspirin. I can be put on minor doses of AD's and still experience extreme side effects. I've been reading about fish oil or rhodiola or sam-e for depression. Have you experienced any of those supplements or can you elaborate on what you're taking?

I'm also looking for something other than green tea supplements or coffee for energy. I am understandably run down, but I don't have the time to be tired right now.

I also know that I need to start yoga or pilates or running or something again as I know that helps with depression and stress. I too am in a funk, but it seems I'm 100% on the go all of the time trying to keep things afloat here that I haven't taken the time to focus on me. Sometimes I feel that if I stop long enough I'll just crash - so I don't stop. I know that I need to focus more on myself and what makes me feel better. I am getting my hair cut thursday- which is much needed. I'm also thinking of revamping my makeup line.

Maybe I should start a seperate thread about depression and holistic cures. Thanks guys!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, it feels good to finally be able to focus on me for once.

I became so unmanageable with AH and AS addictions that I was oblivious to even the housework that needed to be done. So...I'm getting all the clutter out.

Vitamins truly help me stay mentally and physically stronger, they stop the fatigue. One multi-vitamin a day (taken before bed), and at times a needed added Sublingual vitamin B.

I am biking and loving it.

I am not so fearful, gaining courage every day.

I am going to Alanon.

I have gone to domestic abuse support group in the past year...it's on hold now...til a new facilitator comes.

A have attended Celebrate Recovery in the past year, but stopped to help stay away from AH. He goes there too.

Feeling more confident and peaceful.

Trusting in the Lord with all my heart.

NH7
Old 09-23-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What about me??
I would love to someday get to take a vacation, just get away from it all, that would be wonderful!!
What makes me happy right now is finding a way to enlarge the space between the boards on the deck. they were put in years ago too close so the water doesn't go thru. Hard work with a jig saw, but it works.
My constant getting some exercise, chocolate and the bunch of kitties that live here giving me the original cat cure which is hanging all over me and purring. It's such a comfort.

I just read this over and it really doesn't take much for me does it?????
Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I have been doing this for a while now so it always seems about me and not him.
I always do things with my children. I went rollar skating a few weekends ago, bad back and all. I shop, do projects with them. They are me.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I painted this weekend

Old 09-23-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

very beautiful piece of artwork there littlebird.......
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today I went out on my deck and took an hour long nap in the sun and it was heavenly. I plan on doing it again tomorrow
Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LB - do you paint"????? Me too - shout out at me with a pm - I'm an abstract artist.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I took a day off today and actually did nothing but work on entering some data in my family record books. I've been tracing my genealogy for the last few years and it takes time to get all the records and enter them. Felt good to get my mind off of everything else.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good stuff folks!!!!!

Marie .............. MYOB....... ain't that the truth???!!!!!

Callie..... the very fact that you are able to stay so busy and keep your plans.... my goodness I give you accolades and applaud you! I'd love to see your abstract work too! <smile>
As for the vitamins....... I'm doing Fish Oil, Amino Acids, hefty multi vitamin, 5-HTP, and L-Tyrosine.
Exercise is also really helpful. I have to get back into yoga myself!

Needinghelp - ....... ROCK ON!!!!! I too have let so much slide because of my concern and suffering with HIS addiction. So good for you for de-cluttering your home. that is AWESOME!

Blue Pansy - HEY.... at least you have a constant! And you know what.... sure it may not take much.... (in your eyes)...... but imo.... it's a helluva lot to be grateful for... <smile>

Stubborn 1..... that is great..... it SHOULD be all about you! Roller skating sounds like great fun..... memories you build with your children will ALWAYS be remembered!

Little Bird..... I love the painting! Thanks for sharing!

Chino- that sounds lovely!

Baxter..... doesn't it though? good for you for checking out and doing something you ENJOY!

You ALL rock and thank you for sharing!

Peace xoxoxo
Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Today..............I rock!! My back hurts like nobody's business but I am going to make the best out of today. Ah is sick.........ahhhhhhhhhhh *sniff sniff* Kids are happy and healthy in school. So I'm alright.
All is good in my life right this second
Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well really I will be much happier when I can walk again. You have no idea how much life changes when you can't just get up and go. So I have been having tests done, this Friday I am having a heart cath done and if it is ok I am going to set up surgery for my other hip. This will make me happy.
I am a little fearful because the last time I was in the hospital was when I came home and found out AD was having a party on me. So it will be the first time I am gone again but this time I will not leave anything out for her.