Not out of the woods yet

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not out of the woods yet

The exAGF as been texting all morning, then she called. What a mess these people are, always distorting the truth, and trying to make you feel like it is your fault. Then says that even her therapist says "some people just don't mix", I said "the drunk and the non-drunk". Then she always trying to point to my prescription meds, as if I have a problem. I work and provide for my family. My meds are for, blood pressure, Chol, OCD, and sleep, and a nasal spray. I was sleeping fine before all this happened. No addiction, I want off all off them. But it wouldn't be healthy for me.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

LOL I say the same things about my meds. I was on nothing before him and now a pluthera! I just don't discuss my medical life with my ah, it's none of their business. Don't have yourself fooled though. Mine are taken as prescribed but I know I am addicted and would be in deep doo doo if I had to stop cold turkey. So she does have a point.
It sounds like you have a toxic relationship. Block her number or get a new phone. Just a thought.
I wish you the best.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can stop torturing yourself by ending the texts and phone conversations.
She has a new boyfriend now. Don't be the stable one she keeps on a string as an option for when this new one goes sour.
Sorry if that sounds cold. But I have needed to cut quite a few people out of my life and it has been for good reasons and I am better off without them.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AmpHusky- I am not at tec person. (I have a teenage son for that) but can you block her number? With a call you can let it go to voice mail when you see its her number. The listen later or never. Maybe a new phone number.

There is no way to reason with an active A. I used to think if I just explained my self "better" he would understand and things would get "better" all it did was make me crazy and depressed.

Maybe just keep in mind she is quacking, that may help if you have to take the text's.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure if I got this from here or the book "Gift of Fear" but thought it was a great idea.

Get a new phone and keep the old one on silent in a drawer, she can rant as much as she likes, you don't have to deal with it and she won't get a reaction either
Old 09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I thought about doing all sorts of things. One is not to change my number or phone or anything like that. I'm not the one with the problem. Second, once she gets this stuff I will not answer the phone. Third, I have a domestic violence order against her already, I will have to go down and extend it to no contact. I saved a few voicemails from her that should convince the judge.

The first time we were down there in front of this judge I just told him what really happened. Then he asked her how she thought it happened. She started quacking and he stop her and asked if she had been drinking. She said that she had, and from that point on he sided with me. I really enjoyed it, I hate to say.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I find as long as they have someone to listen to 'quacking' (doesnt matter who it is), they will just keep on quacking. I find it is mainly about wanting you to say 'yep, everything you say is true' because in fact they believe all they say when they are drunk.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She picked up the stuff I left for her. Left old socks and a beer can in my front yard. What CLASS. I met her sister at my house and she looked at the rest and got the things the A stole, back. I wish I could have met the sister. She says there is someone out there that is right for me. She as given me the best comfort.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She had more things to get, but she didn't show up yesterday. She said she would sign a paper giving me her large belonging (Furniture and stuff). Her sisters came by and we talked, that helps. Of course I find more thing out that make me feel used.

Texted the EAGF this morning and told her it was all ready and she as until 5:00 to get there. She finally texted back and said "not now". I think she is totally out of it now.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Grief Husky, been keeping up with your posts. Good Luck and keep taking take of you and your children always first....

Prayers your way;

cb
Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

People have asked if I wanted to get back with my XW. No, that was a relationship without any true affection. Then this one came along with all the affection I was missing (not sex, even thought that was missing too). Now to think it was just to keep her addiction going.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She came by to get some things I left out this morning. Its 2pm now and I finally texted goodbye for the last time. No reasoning with her about the addiction. I'm not checking her phone records again either. I told here what ever she leaves behind today when I get home goes to Goodwill.

Now the healing begins.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmpHusky View Post
I'm not the one with the problem.
I used to say that all the time, then I realised that having my alcoholic brother in my life was the problem.
I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a problem.

Good luck with the healing (although it isn't luck that will 'do it' it's you) keep at it.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, you are correct. Now I'm correcting the problem.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I talk to one of her sisters again last night, and she asked that I give the A one more day to get her stuff. I agreed, I never wanted her stuff, furniture or anything. However, things changed. I texted the xAGF one more time and told her she as until the end of today to get what she wants. I told her to texted back an "ok" to confirm, and she did. This morning before I left I wrote a note and left it out with her stuff. I know it won't mean anything to her, but I felt I needed to let her know a few things.

After today I will be done.