The little things mean alot!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The little things mean alot!!!

My AD came yesrterday for a visit, it has been a summer of not seeing much of her. So for me it was the summer or finally facing my co-dependency.

I didn't expect for the result of not seeing her or only communicating with text, would be me having to look at my self. It gave me the time and space to let go and really and truly just love.

So yesterday whe she came, she handed me some cash, said "mom, I know I owe you money, not sure how much, but I know that I have taken advantage of you."

She is looking better everyday, and is finding her way and being proud of her little accomplishments.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

miracles of recovery. little things do mean alot. i am glad she came & you had some valuable time with her. everyday clean is a miracle. i know u r proud of her.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats fantastic~~~~~~~~I'm so happy for you and your daughter. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those little things mean alot and I'm glad you let her give you the money. My youngest has been an off again on again problem. Spoiled rotten, anger problems, social problems but she had a baby 5 months ago and she really is trying. She did get a part time job and did the same thing, tried to give me some money for all she had taken.

Me, being the codie I am, told her I appreciated the acknowledgement that she knew she owed me money but to keep it and get caught up on others things first, then pay me back. I'd really hurt her feelings. She told me that while she had other bills to pay she felt she owed me more. I did end up taking it and it made her feel proud that she had done something to repay me. Go figure.

I'm sure you daughter felt very proud of herself too. Something we all need. I do love the little things, they mean alot.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lynette, Enjoy every moment of it. I am doing the same with my daughter. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im realizing that what I am doing to let go is also making every aspect of my life calmer and happier.

It was hard at first to detach, but the co-dependent me made me do it still to try to help her, now I really get that it is about me.

The work only started when I found this board and starting gaining strength from others.

Marle, I have followed your story closely since there is a man involved with my daughter.

I felt how hard it was for you to detach, almost like your emotions and pain were coming out of my monitor.

As you kept writing about how it was for you and how you knew you had to detach, it gave me the strength to take small steps at first.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats great news about your AD Lynette.

And great news about you too. It shows both your recoveries are going well.

By the way...I was born in S. Ogden. My D and GSon (Clinton), sister and brother (S.Ogden) are still there. I was in Layton the Nov before last for Gson's birth.
They want us to move back. At 43, it's a big move. But I miss it, I miss them and need the support of my family, so I'm am thinking seriously about it.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

That is awesome!

I just wish I could get some sort of credit for my efforts around my house.......
Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Little things do mean a lot! I am so happy for you and your daughter....
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lynette,

Thanks so much for sharing!!
How awesome is that!!
Makes me so happy for you!!

Have a great day!!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Wow! That is SO good and shows some recovery on her part. I'm happy for both of you!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:ghugI do of course realize that is just for today, and that my focus is on my recovery. But as a mom we always hold out hope somewhere deep inside for these moments after having the front row seat to hell.

It's good to have all my SR friends for you have truly helped me save my health and sanity by sharing and through that I have gained the strength.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i just got goosebumps from the biggest truths, i've felt: It feels like its a miracle that we can smile, that we are trying to live life to the fullest, when, at least me... i tried to destroy it. we are sober, and no other problem can bring me down. with a clear mind, you can see colors appear