Notices

wish I knew where to start.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wish I knew where to start.

I guess the first place would be to say hello. I am an addict. I am 21 years old. I came here hopeing to find support to help me fight my addiction.
It all started two years ago. I have always had legitimate back pain. I went to several doctors who all told me that I was too young to take pain killers. I wish I had listened. I found that I could buy a lortab 10 for $5 and I could be pain free all for only 5 bucks. Well..... Needless to say 1 lortab 10 turned into 2 . 2 turned into 3. 3 turned to 8.
Now I am starting to get into deep do do. I'm was taking 8 lortabs a day. The Max my liver can safely handle. I found these wonderful blue little pills . Roxicontin I could break one in half and take 2 15mg doses and be fine. No worries about my liver. Well , I bet you can guess what happened. 1 turned to 2 . 2 turned to 3 and now I teeter between 3 and 4 a day. 120mg of oxycodone at 60$ a day just to feel normal. (and a little warm and fuzzy for about 20min).
I just recently had a child. She is now 7 mths old. I am spending all of our extra money on these damn pills. I always make sure bills and food is paid for but there is no money left for any thing else but my addiction. I have got to quit for my family. They deserve a Husband/Father who is not doped up.
Well this is me and my addiction in a nutshell..I hope there is someone on this board who can help me..
Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
confused lost unsure of myself

I'M SORRY I CAN'T BE OF MUCH ASSISTANCE BUT UR POST ACTUALLY DID HELP ME KNOW THAT SUPRISE SUPRISE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE WHO IS ACTUALLY REALLY CONFUSED...THANK YOU!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand what you are going through. I have not beaten my addiction to pills - not even close but mine started out completely legit also. I have chronic neck pain and spasms that literally turn my whole neck into a pretzel. It's uncomfortable to say the least and the pills were wonderful and helped me get through my day. Zero side effects. Now I am addicted to the damn things and go into withdrawal without them in my system. Check out the substance abuse thread. People beat this addiction everyday and have happy healthy lives and find other ways to relieve pain without pills. I wanted to welcome you and let you know that I understand. This place has been a wonderful system that has helped me stay alcohol free for 60 some odd days. Someone else will have some great advice for you on this thread. I will be listening also.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, roxidiction. Welcome to SR!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the welcome. Just reading over the forums and there seem to be some great people here.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad that you are seeking help for your addiction.

Have you talked to your dr about your problem with pills? Your dr may also have suggestions about how to deal with your back pain in alternative ways. For example, I have found that yoga and weight-lifting have helped to strengthen my back and shoulders and that has helped my back pain issues.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Hi and welcome. As with anything it will take hard work on your part but you can beat this. You and your family deserve that.