healthy respect for my gut reactions.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile healthy respect for my gut reactions.

This was in my ED book today, but the middle part (the colorful part) really reminded me of a struggle I see a lot of us deal with on a day to day basis,
I see it in this forum sometimes also. That inner turmoil of where do I start and they (the addict begin)? When do I let go of the guilt of not taking care of that person anymore? etc...
In my treatment for my Ed this was exactly what they taught me.
I think it is a good reminder for us all to remember we are not
responsible for anyones behavior but our own, and to always
listen to your gut feeling without guilt.

Okay I'm done rambling and making no sense, I'm off to go running now. ha ha.

:ghug Happy Sunday Everyone!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Trusting Gut Reactions

Since we could not trust ourselves where food was concerned, we had trouble trusting ourselves in all aspects of life. We became divided internally and unsure of what we thought or how we felt or how we should act. We may have depended on other people to tell us what we liked, what to do, and how to do it.

It is with a great sense of joy that we become aware of our own individuality and preferences. If we experience a negative gut reaction to a certain person or activity, then we need to examine our reasons for continuing the relationship or activity. We do not have to like everyone, nor do we have to do everything. The sooner we become selective, the more we develop as individuals and the more integrity we possess. If we continually force ourselves to do things, which violate our inner integrity, then we are frustrated and growth is slow.

Gut reactions need to be examined calmly and intelligently. They are there to tell us something about ourselves.

Give me a healthy respect for my gut reactions.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

makes perfect sense and is Oh-so-true
we are responsible for our own happiness- only we can make it happen
if you aren't happy- what can you change in order to be so?
only you hold the answer- and the key
finding the strength to make the changes and following through is the hardest part
Old 09-21-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I needed to hear that today. I think my gut is trying to tell me something...just not sure what yet.....but yes, I have learned and am still learning to listen.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks! i loved that and i know my gut is always right, just have to tell my mind that!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I love your rambling! And please, BE CAREFUL RUNNING! STAY AWAY FROM BEHIND THE STORES!!!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
urs

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
If we experience a negative gut reaction to a certain person or activity, then we need to examine our reasons for continuing the relationship or activity. We do not have to like everyone, nor do we have to do everything. The sooner we become selective, the more we develop as individuals and the more integrity we possess. If we continually force ourselves to do things, which violate our inner integrity, then we are frustrated and growth is slow.

Gut reactions need to be examined calmly and intelligently. They are there to tell us something about ourselves.

Oh my freakin' Spaghetti Monster, this is just what I needed to read today. Thank you so much!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, Done. I've learned to listen to mine, for sure
Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by SlvrMag View Post
I love your rambling! And please, BE CAREFUL RUNNING! STAY AWAY FROM BEHIND THE STORES!!!!!

lol, I do nowwww!! lol
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBD

Thanks Done~~~~It only took me a year of serious help to listen to my gut feelings. I'm a real stubborn one and letting go of my motherly instincts wasn't an easy one for me....BUT TODAY~~~~~I really am a new person as far as being codependant goes. Smiles, Bonnie